October 25, 2014

CBS shuffles its line-up and orders more 'Christine'

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 4th 2006 9:41AM
how i met your motherBeginning next week, CBS is swapping time slots for How I Met Your Mother and The Class. Instead of airing at 8 pm on Mondays, The Class will move to 8:30 and vice versa for Mother. The reason behind the swap is a bit of a no-brainer. How I Met Your Mother has 20% higher ratings than The Class, so CBS is going to use it as a lead-in and hope to keep its viewers for the new show.

In other CBS comedy news, the network has ordered a full season of The New Adventures of Old Christine. Initially, CBS committed to half a season but things are looking good for the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy so they've picking up the whole season.

*Wait! There's more! Cynopsis also reports that ABC has put Knights of Prosperity is on hold indefinitely. It was supposed to premiere on October 17th, now there's no air date. Knights is about a group of blue collar workers who decide to rob Mick Jagger. It can't be good when your show is bumped before it even airs. Yowza.

Hanna S.

You guys really need to do your research before you publish your reviews and led unknowing folks to think that this show is already dead -- Just the opposite! The reasons "Knights" is being put on hold is that is was the producers' decision, not ABC's - they are thrilled for this delay. The public has been inundated with Ugly Betty and all the new drama advertisements and "Knights" just got lost in the shuffle. They have signed for 13 episodes and just committed to the last nine. Guest stars to be in future episodes are Ray Romano, Regis Philbin, Sting, among others. Waiting until January is the best thing for this show because it will give it the advertising and promotional time it needs. So, don't give it an unnecessary death. It's going to be one of the best shows out there. As a reminder, both "Grey's Anatomy" and "Seinfeld" were both Mid-Season premieres. Last I heard, they both did pretty good.

October 05 2006 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taylor

Zap2it.com has an article about The Knights of Prosperity's delay and it talks about how ABC probably wants to give it more of a promotional push, and this is why they're delaying it.

You can read it here:

October 04 2006 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matty

Thanks to an event in Kansas City hosted by TV Barn's Aaron Barnhart, I was able to see the pilot of Knights of Prosperity in a movie theater a month ago. We also saw the pilot of Studio 60 and clips of a bunch of other shows. The biggest reaction of the night was throughout Knights, as it had the whole audience laughing their butts off. I've been eagerly anticipating the start of the season. Everyone else should too.

October 04 2006 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Given the team behind Knights of Prosperity, I can't imagine that it would be worth not even airing. Jon Beckerman and Rob Burnett have put out some very enjoyable TV. In fact, the first two seasons of ED were great.

October 04 2006 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

TVGenius, I have The Class after 5 episodes to get s#$%-canned ... although now I wished I had picked 'Til Death.

As for Knights of Prosperity, I was looking forward to that show more than any other this season (even Studio 60), so I hope ABC gives it a chance.

October 04 2006 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ooda

Yeah, I think I guess something like four episodes of KoP, but I had no idea it wouldn't even air.

The comedy might be funny, but the premise is terrible. That and the constantly changing title was never a good sign.

October 04 2006 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVGenius

And I bet nobody's picked Knights of Prosperity for 0 episodes in the contest, either...

October 04 2006 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elizabeth

"HIMYM" not only has better ratings, but is a lot funnier than "The Class". I've only gotten hooked this season, but it's guaranteed that I will laugh hard at an episode of "HIMYM".

October 04 2006 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

Sounds like the classic NBC Must See TV sandwich... on rye.

October 04 2006 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply