September 16, 2014

First 13 minutes of Battlestar Galactica are online

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 4th 2006 6:33PM
starbuck; bsg; battlestar galacticaEverybody's wondering whether BSG is going to suck this year since the season finale seriously altered the direction of the show. You can get a sneak peek of the season three premiere (which airs on Friday) over at SciFi's website and decide for yourself. The first 13 minutes of the episode, or the "First Act", is available for viewing. It basically answers the question, "What will happen next?" You'll see how the humans and Cylons are living/interacting on New Caprica. I'll just say that everybody seems to be working on their own method of survival... and Starbuck seriously kicks some ass.

Based on just those 13 minutes, I'd say BSG fans don't have anything to worry about. Then again, I liked the turn the show took at the end of last season and I like what I see so far.

*The video played for me in Internet Explorer, but had trouble with it in Firefox.

[Thanks, Akbar!]

Tom

I,always thought blondes were cute. But not Killers at the Dinner Table.

October 06 2006 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I, always thought that blondes were cute but not killers at the dinner table.

October 06 2006 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Devers

Interesting that the season 3 premiers of both BSG and Lost had scenes where the main female protagonists -- Starbuck, Kate -- are taken by their captors out of the harsh enviromnent that everyone else is in, and offered a gourmet meal by her main tormentor.

There's a number of parallels between the two shows -- the two best dramas on TV these days -- but that one sums them up nicely...

October 06 2006 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evan Shumeyko

Finally, a season premiere - featuring a cast of characters, stranded far from home, held captive by others who insist on playing psychological games, and worse, for often unknown reasons - and is also BADASS!

Mmmm, I wonder how fast Starbuck would have smashed that french press into Benry's head?

October 05 2006 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

I was BLOWN AWAY with the 13 minute opening! 13 minutes people, thats it! And it was AMAZING! I sat watching it w/ a smile of satisfaction. One that comes from knowing Ronald D. Moore and David Eick aren't going to screw it up.

BSG RULES!!!!

October 05 2006 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

They aren't even going to be on the planet all that long this season. But I'm so glad Starbuck is back to normal and not that "I want you dear" bullshit that she was i nthe second half of season 2.

October 04 2006 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

This 13 minute opening was BRILLIANT!!! I'm so AMPED for Friday!!!
And who the hell thought "BSG is going to suck this year since the season finale seriously altered the direction of the show". Rash judgments like that should be tempered. This is considering that BSG has already given us TWO seasons of BRILLIANT television.

Season 2 ending was unexpected, cool, and actually a wise choice.

Season 3 intro is brilliant. THERE WILL BE NO LETDOWN all season!

October 04 2006 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ttheTVaddict

Having seen the first five episodes, I can assure all BSG fans, you have nothing to worry about. The series is its usual brilliant piece of television, albeit a tad depressing. Of course under cylon rule, would anyone really be that happy?

October 04 2006 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

WHOO HOOO! I finally do something worthwhile!

SPOILERS:

Makes me wonder how many times Starbuck has killed Leoban while living with him.

October 04 2006 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply