September 30, 2014

Nielsen ratings for the week ending October 1

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 4th 2006 8:33AM
Dancing with the Stars1. CSI (CBS)
2. Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
3. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
4. Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
5. CSI: Miami (CBS)
6. Sunday Night Football (NBC)
7. Survivor (CBS)
8. Criminal Minds (CBS)
9. Ugly Betty (ABC)
10. CSI: NY (CBS)
11. Dancing with the Stars - Results (ABC)
12. Two and a Half Men (CBS)
13. 60 Minutes (CBS)
14. Extreme Makeover (ABC)
15. Shark (CBS)
16. House (FOX)
17. Without A Trace (CBS)
18. Cold Case (CBS)
19. Law and Order: SVU (NBC)
20. ER (NBC)

philip gangi

The Top 20 - Cool, but is there a site that shows me the ratings for the top 100 shows?

October 06 2006 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdmc

The rankings are not based on household ratings (but on total viewers). Grey's beat CSI in households. Ugly Betty beat Survivor in households. House is not on the top 20 in households.

October 04 2006 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doug

Didn't you guys post that Grey's beat CSI last Thursday? Yes, you did:

(Oh - that was in the 18-49 year old demo... [rolling my eyes...]. I guess a lot of old people watch TV and like CSI, huh?)

October 04 2006 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gene

I agree with Chris. "Grey's" beat "CSI" last week. How can it be number two and "CSI" be number one.

October 04 2006 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

I find it hard to believe that Grey's Anatomy is not number one... I think something is fishy... CSI lost its crown last week and Greys is a much better show and it also relates to more kinds of people. Congrats to ABC on being the new number one network. With Lost starting up tonight I think it will push it over the top for sure this week!

October 04 2006 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan

Monday : Prison Break,Heroes,Studio 60 (and download Vanished for later viewing during the week)
Tuesday: House,Standoff,Smith
Wednesday: Jericho,Justice(Will be Lost now),Kidnapped(will be The Nine now)(and i download Bones for later viewing)
Thursday: Smallville,Supernatural(and i watch the shows i downloaded this week!)

See? i love TV! heh

October 04 2006 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
daniel

I watch 6 of the 20 on that list. I would have thought it was more considering I don't know how I have a normal life with the amount of TV I watch.

Jonathan> What do you watch from 8 - 11 if only one of the shows you watch are on this list!?

October 04 2006 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan

It's sad that i watch ALOT of tv (i love sitting in front of the TV from 8pm till 11pm!) And that there's only ONE show that i watch in the top 20! There's practically no new shows, only 9 versions of CSI and 16 of Law and Order..and stupid reality shows.

October 04 2006 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ooda

Wow, I really have to admit I didn't think Criminal Minds had this much power. I'm still bitter that Studio 60 isn't up there.

October 04 2006 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan

Wow, that's a freaking lame week! There's only ONE show i watch on the top 20 and it's House. Stupid insipid generic shows! GRR!

October 04 2006 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply