August 20, 2014

Fox shuffles its post-baseball schedule

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 6th 2006 11:05AM
vanishedFox is changing up its schedule once the World Series is over. It is sending Vanished to 8 pm on Fridays, the place where television shows go to die. And, Justice is moving from Wednesdays to Mondays at 9 pm. Fox obviously hopes the large Prison Break audience will stick around for the new Jerry Bruckheimer procedural drama which has consistently placed 4th among the networks on Wednesdays. Tuesdays will switch up just a bit, with Standoff moving to the 8 pm hour and House moving up to 9 pm. On Wednesdays, Bones will remain at 8 pm with new game show, The Rich List, following 9 pm. The changes begin on October 23rd.

Anthony

I've been following the "Alias" repeats every Saturday and record the following show that appears at midnight Sundays, here in the east coast. Now, Fox does not even mention if and when they will be shown with the playoffs screwing things up. At least make a gesture. This past week I noticed that the midnight show was pushed ahead a half hour, with the 1/2 hour Seinfeld preceding it. So I set my vcr accordingly, and when I played it back, hoping to enjoy the full eposode of "Alias", they had 1 hour of Seinfeld, instead of the publized 1/2 hour and then "Alias", which made me lose the second half hour of that show. Now i looked at my weekly TV guide and "Alias" is not even there.
Is this the way to treat 'loyal' fans? Fox should at least follow the other networks and repeat their shows on the computer, in the event you missed the nights show..but they seem to cater to the recent shows...not reruns.

October 11 2006 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Moving VANISHED to Friday - in conjunction with the - SPOLER ALERT - killing off of the main character means doom for this show.

Why bring in a new detective when you could let Ming-Na's character take over the investigation?

Bad moves all around.

VANISHED will disappear before the end of November wseeps.

October 08 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

They just moved House to 8! Dumbass Fox.

Luckily for me I have class at 8 so now I can watch House. :)

October 06 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Oh thank goodness House is moving to 9 pm. You just made my life alot easier. Thank You!

October 06 2006 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

Moving Justice to Mondays(because of Prison Break) may not necessarily help it. I know many PB fans go directly to Heroes at 9pm.

October 06 2006 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rjlawrencejr

Thank the Lord NBC-U repurposes HOUSE on USA. Moving the show to the 9pm slot means there will be a conflict with Ted Danson's new comedy HELP ME HELP YOU, which I have found tremendously funny thus far.

October 06 2006 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

Great! Another game show that will fail miserably in the ratings. FOX never learns, do they?

October 05 2006 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply