October 23, 2014

Kidnapped is being moved to Saturdays

by Joel Keller, posted Oct 6th 2006 2:21PM
KidnappedFirst, NBC tells the producers of Kidnapped to stop production after 13 episodes. Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, they've decided to move the serialized drama (otherwise known as "The Best Show Nobody Watched") to Saturdays, where shows go to die. The switch is effective starting October 21.

Despite what folks like my brother Rich have speculated, though, Law & Order will not be moving back to it's old Wednesday at 10 slot. NBC has decided to replace Kidnapped with an edition of Dateline. I guess they figure if they're going to come in last place, they might as well do it with a cheap-to-produce show.

Ironically, the move to Saturdays will give me more of an opportunity to see the show. Now that I know it's going to be wrapped up in 13 episodes, I'm actually interested in seeing how the story plays out. Maybe that's what NBC should have done with the show in the first place: air 13 episodes over the summer. It would have probably been a pretty decent hit in that format.

Jeff

It seems kind of dumb to put Dateline in that slot. If The Nine continues to underperform, this could be a good opportunity for NBC to strike with an old favorite. Aside from Law & Order which was still doing pretty well in that slot, they've also got Medium and Crossing Jordan waiting to come back.

October 06 2006 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

I started watching this show and enjoyed it. Then I missed 3 eps thru travel and decided not to jump back on board. In this way the show is like 24 and needs a constant viewing to enjoy fully. But it never got the media exposure 24 has had, thus I suppose many like me fell off the show.

I would really enjoy it IF the Network decided to reair the show in its entirety ASAP. I think they might be surprised at the viewership a second time around.

October 06 2006 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Corsair

I was a fan of the show.
Well at least the storyline will be wrapped up. Which, in a way, isn't bad at all. Just think of it as a thirteen-episode miniseries. Much better than dragging out this kidnapping theme for two or three seasons.

October 06 2006 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dominic a

will they be new datelines or repeats????

October 06 2006 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
will

Production has not quite finished for Kidnapped. This morning on my way to work I saw a lot of production equipment set up on the corner of 9th ave and 15th street in Manhattan. As I got closer there were a few "director chairs" with the Kidnapped logo on them. They were probably filming the final episdoe.

October 06 2006 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

Haha, a few posts down Anna says that Fridays are the place where shows go to die. The dreaded Friday-Saturday television graveyard, I like it.

October 06 2006 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt Couch

This is just insane.. This is BY FAR the best NEW Show on TV.. I can't believe that people haven't been following this.. My God look at the amazing cast, its' unreal, and the show is off the charts!! HORRIBLE DECISION BY NBC!!

October 06 2006 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply