October 2, 2014

The Office: Jim should go for it with Karen

by Michael Canfield, posted Oct 9th 2006 10:35AM
Rashina JonesJim put himself on the line with Pam last year. That didn't work out; he transferred from Scranton. (Who knew that the Stamford office would also be full of loonies? But that only makes it more credible that either branch might be the one forced to close.)

Kudos to the writers for finding a way to put off the number one killer of sitcoms -- the hooking-up of long-unconsummated lovers. Jim appears to be the guy in the office who can't get through the tedium of a day without a little sexual tension. Who can blame him, when the other choices are pushing paper products or team-building exercises gone wild?

I like Pam -- but does she -- does anyone -- need to jump right from breaking up a multi-year engagement and cancelling a wedding to yet another another long-term relationship? I'm not sure how Pam really feels about Jim. She could certainly tell that, whatever feelings she had about Jim, she couldn't marry Roy either way. I found it impossible to tell what she ever saw in Roy in the first place, though we don't know what she was like when they first started going out. Maybe he was just the most persistent guy back in high school, or something. Pam doesn't know what she wants.

Karen (Rashida Jones) won me over when she did that little move making the tiny paper-clip explosion. I hope she won Jim over too. Go for it Jim!

What are your thoughts?

Tab

I feel dirty, but I like Karen and Jim. Is it possible to want the triangle not to end? I want them all to keep flirting with each other :)

November 09 2006 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meeno

ok Pan Kre us, its official, you clearly watch way too much tv

October 22 2006 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grego

I am ready to see Pam squirm a bit. I can't wait till they come back to Scranton and Pam sees first hand the connection that Karen and Jim will have formed by then. She won't have old Halpert to kick around anymore.

October 11 2006 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gmmr

Huh? Where did all our little JAM shippers go?! Ha ha ha!! I'm all for Jim and Karen having a little something, as long as at the end of the day he gets back together with Pam. He can flirt with Karen all he wants but Jim loves Pam....and I love them together. Can't wait for them to be reunited at some point. Even if it's not a romantic thing at first, I just miss Jim and Pam's chemistry. But then again, this week proved that John Krasinski can have chemistry with just about anyone!!

October 09 2006 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

Like Karen is sooo hot and she has way bigger boobs. I think Jim should pick her FOR SURE! By the way, has anyone seen some unused brain cells laying around?

October 09 2006 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ali Baba Ghanoush

I have to agree with Dr. Philangi that Pam is Jim's lobster; but she also really hasn't given any clues that she wants to be more than his favorite crustacean. I wish she would so that all my failed office flings can live vicariously through their success. But don't do it if it means turning their relationship into the Ross & Rachel yawnfest.

October 09 2006 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

Funny all my friends were saying Rashida jones' character is the perfect chick for Jim. Only my girlfriend disagreed. But then again she found it "mean" that Karen shot Jim in the head. I dunno...I thought that was sexy as hell.

October 09 2006 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

Karen is clearly more attractive....I would need to see more as far as chemistry, though.

Didn't I read somewhere that they were dating or dated in real life?

October 09 2006 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marco Garbelini

Oh man.. she got me too. First with the headshot and then with the paper-clip explosion. But that's just me, I fall for every beautiful woman that smiles at me. If Jim doesn't make this happen I'm gonna start to seriously dislike the character.
BTW: That was one of the best episodes ever.

October 09 2006 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephen Prescott

pam is jim's lobster plain and simple.

October 09 2006 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply