September 18, 2014

Jericho gets a full season from CBS

by Joel Keller, posted Oct 12th 2006 6:15PM
JerichoTV Squad HQ just got a press release from CBS; they've decided to pick up a full season of their most popular new show, Jericho.

According to the press release, the show has averaged 11.3 million viewers, a 48% increase from Wednesdays last year, and all the desirable demographics are up. Overall, the show is helping the network see its biggest single-day ratings growth compared to last season. So, even though the show is not a "hit" by normal standards (Grey's and CSI, for instance, each drew over 20 million viewers last week), it's doing well enough to warrant a full season.

At the very least, we'll get a chance to see the entire "town stranded in a nuclear war" plot play out. I'm especially intrigued by that Hawkins guy; not sure if he's a good guy or a bad guy yet, but his character is keeping me interested in the show. The press release is after the jump.

October 12, 2006

CBS GIVES "JERICHO " A FULL-SEASON ORDER

Freshman Drama Has Boosted the Wednesday 8-9 PM Time Period in Viewers and Key Demographics

and Helped Kickoff CBS's Biggest Night of Ratings Growth

CBS has given JERICHO, its freshman hit drama about the aftermath of a nuclear explosion on a small, peaceful Kansas town, a full season order.

JERICHO, averaging 11.3 million viewers, 3.4/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.6/12 in adults 25-54, has boosted CBS's performance in the Wednesday, 8:00-9:00 PM time period by +48% in viewers, +36% in adults 18-49 and +48% in adults 25-54 compared to last year.

As part of a three-hour drama block that includes CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY, CBS has seen its Wednesday ratings increase year-to-year by +34% in viewers, +22% in adults 18-49 and +30% in adults 25-54, the Network's biggest night of ratings growth. CBS is first on Wednesday in viewers and adults 25-54 and a close second in adults 18-49.

JERICHO stars Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, Ashley Scott, Pamela Reed, Kenneth Mitchell, Lennie James, Sprague Gradon, Michael Gaston, Erik Knudsen, Brad Beyer and Shoshannah Stern.

Jon Turtletaub, Stephen Chbosky and Carol Barbee are executive producers for CBS Paramount Network Television.

BIKER

Stunned, I picked this show to be dropped before the end of september and then october.. and now it will see the end of the season... I'm glad, yes but stunned.. I like the show and I knew I would..

October 22 2006 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

This show was panned by the critics and the pop music in the first couple episodes was cheesy but the basic premise of the show is very intriguing and that's why I kept watching. CBS should put past episodes online so new comers can catch up. The sense of mystery with the post apocalytic background makes for good entertainment.

October 19 2006 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marlene Taylor

I LOVE this show! Every minute is exciting and a challenge to figure out. With so many countries obtaining nuclear weapons, it could be a look into the future.

October 19 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Noah

I just finished two days of being a background actor (or "Extra") for Episode #9. It's going to be a GREAT episode. Really, really exciting! And the cast and crew are all incredibly friendly. It was two hard day of strenous work and running around with rifles and explosives. I'm still sore. Being an Extra isn't always easy. But it was a blast. Keep an eye out for Episode #9. That's me on the bridge. I really, really enjoyed the whole experience.

October 19 2006 at 2:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

I am really excited to see JERICHO still on the air. Yeah, I'll admit the writing style still has it in harm's way with its campy soap-opera performance at times. Honestly though, I am impressed that the American TV-viewing public has broadened their horizons beyond the traditional crime drama television that has plagued every night of the week. JERICHO prods our curiosity in a different manner, a question about the unknown world beyond known borders. It is a technique that can draw one truly into the show and bring us back week after week.

If writers of the show scan these blogs, please read: I hope you can remove the campy soap-opera drama because it occasionally gets to be a bit too much. However, I do applaud you on devising such a creative idea. Your story has drawn me back on a weekly basis and Wednesdays are now my favorite television night.

October 18 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robyn

I'm glad they picked it up for the season. I like the show a lot. Some of the stuff is a little far fetched (it is TV after all) but it is thought provoking, like do any of our cities have a plan or a geiger counter? I like a show that sucks you in so you don't want to miss the next show.

October 17 2006 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

CONGRATS to all at JERICHO! I love the show! In fact, it's the only show I watch besides HOUSE. I only tuned in to see Gerald McRaney, but I was really surprised that the show drew me in so fast. Hope McRaney gets more air time soon. Who is that Hawkins guy??? Haha!

October 17 2006 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shaun

This show has not gotten that much buzz that I have seen. I mean compared to the barrage we have gotten about Battlestar Galactica on and on about how its the greatest show there ever was.

Jericho should get some covers of TVGuide and Entertainment Weekly as well.

We have to keep up emailing TVGuide and Entertainment Weekly.

October 14 2006 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Quantumkat

With the buzz dying off, I must say, I am so very glad there wasn't a pop-song this week. I can see definite improvement as the weeks go along. I'm a little concerned the upcoming Ravenwood stuff may turn campy but I'm cautiously optimistic.

October 13 2006 at 4:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shaun

I agree completely...

I am so lost when it comes to LOST but I can get lost in JERICHO !! Could not resist.

A great series with just enough mystery to keep you guessing and coming back.

Maybe a love triangle in the making with Heather, Jake and Emily.

What is Hawkins story???

Why is Johnston still coughing??

Will the town have to stop vehicular traffic to save gas for the generators???

How soon until Johnston has to declare martial law and set up some form of military and law and order??

With the sheriff dead they are down to just two deputies.

What is with the explosions next week??

Thank you very much CBS !!!

October 13 2006 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply