September 30, 2014

Sara Evans quits Dancing With the Stars

by Brett Love, posted Oct 13th 2006 11:07AM
Sara EvansWow. Didn't see that one coming. Sara Evans announced on Thursday that she is filing for divorce. And according to her representative at BMG, she has decided to leave Dancing With The Stars so she can focus her attention on her family. The country singer has had a successful run on the show with her partner Tony Dovolani. Her enormous fan support, and a little help from her friends, has pushed her through the first five weeks of the competition, even though the pair have consistently received some of the lowest marks from the judges.

There is no information available regarding what the show is going to do. Given that it is two of the top ten shows on television, ratings wise, I don't see them shortening the run by a week. The simple answer would seem to be bringing back Willa Ford. She was eliminated this week, despite being one of the better dancers. ABC told E! that we will have to tune in on Tuesday to find out more.

Annette Acoed

I don't blame Sara Evans for quitting the show. After the remark Bruno made to Sara (boy Sara you can shake your ass)I would refuse to dance before a judge that could make a comment like that to a dancer. What is he there to judge asses or dancing. Personally speaking I think he should be replaced as a judge and be suspended for a while. It looks to me that Sara might have a sexual harrassment claim against Bruno. I will never watch another Dancing With The Stars as long as Bruno is a judge. Annette Acord San Antonio, Texas

October 15 2006 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kariann1

Definitely bring back Willa! Remember when Mario quit "American Idol"? They brought back Nikko Smith. Willa is a terrific dancer and deserves this opportunity! Sara's country jive was one of the best I have seen, but she was weak in her other performances. I wish her the best.

October 14 2006 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christopher J. Arndt

Sara Evans is the hottest country singer...

and you get this promo picture that doesn't accurately reflect her beauty?

YOU GOT HER OFF DANCING. BASTARDS

October 13 2006 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
phil

They should bring back willa -- ABC is planning a voteless week -- according to unconfimred sources -- but if you take a look at the ABC board -- there are a lot of people who would love to see willa back. it was unfair that she was eliminated. Plus when this happened with american idol(mario left), they replaced him with the one who was eliminated.

BRING WILLA BACK!

October 13 2006 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anon

Although I think it would be "nice" and sentimental to bring back Willa, I think it would just be too painful if she gets eliminated next. Back to back eliminations, ugh. I think Jerry really needs to go, he's simply not up to the level of the other celebrities, and Sara should have been next after Jerry. They certainly can't bring in anyone completely new since it would be really unfair. All the celebrities now have been working with their partners for weeks, no one can "get into the flow" in just 4 days. The best solution I see is to have two weeks of judges voting combined together and have the results show for the first week more of a "recap" show without anyone being eliminated.

October 13 2006 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I have a feeling that we'll see Willa back. ABC isn't going to shorten the run of the show but you can't run a week without competition so either they bring back one of the eliminated dancers, bring in someone totally new, or they cut a week. And of the eliminated dancers, Willa is probably the only one still in "game shape" as far as practice goes.

October 13 2006 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PastaQueen

I know on Bravo's reality show "Top Chef" one of the contestants had to leave because her dad was sick so they brought back the last person eliminated. If Willa were to start today she'd still have 4 days to learn the dances, which would be tough but still doable. Though how much would it suck if she just got eliminated again next week? Ouch.

October 13 2006 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

I don't think Sara could dance and it's a shame that Vivica & Willa were booted before her. She & Jerry need to go. The others are all better dancers. This is about Dancing not Sara as a singer or Jerry as a talk show host....... I am sorry that her marriage is ending and that she is quiting... Bring back Willa or Vivica

October 13 2006 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret Calvert

Well, this IS a shocker. I love country music and think Sara is hugely talented in that area. Her dancing has been improving and I enjoy seeing her, but haven't voted for her the past couple of weeks. I usually split my votes between different couples. I'm not a huge fan of Willa's (didn't know who she was prior to Dancing). But, with Sara dancing out of the program, would it be terribly unfair to bring Willa back? Willa's dancing has been getting better all the time and she's done great the past couple of weeks. Seems like a fair thing to propose since Sara left and that would keep the number of couples "in sync" with the programming schedule. I'll be curious to see what others think about this unexpected situation.

October 13 2006 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply