April 20, 2014

Is Nick Stokes being written off CSI?

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 14th 2006 5:01PM
george eadsEven though I said I wasn't going to watch CSI this season, I can't quit. It's my guilty pleasure on Friday mornings before I start work. Thursday night's episode, featuring Kevin Federline's acting debut that actually didn't suck, also included some lines that made me question George Eads' future on the show. Before he sucker punched K-Fed in the stomach at a crime scene, he was pretty fired up about the way Las Vegas punks behave. Several times during the show, he expressed his frustration with Las Vegas in general.

Last year, some of us lobbied for Nick Stokes (Eads' character) to get killed off because the series was getting stale. Eads' fan pages don't have any insight. Anybody else think he's about to leave the show?

Sonia

Getting Nick Stokes off CSI would be a huge mistake, he's got a huge fan base, he's the reason I started watching this show in the first place, he's very nice to look at each, I love his character, William Peterson is definately leaving in January, which sucks cause he makes this show and I think it is going to go down hill once he leaves anyways, but it can't go on forever, :( I think the only character that we could go without is Warrick, he's just boring, espeacally since he got married to whoever she is lol, there are so many ways to get this show interesting again, like if Warrick and Catherine had an affair, Nicky needs some romance, Sara and Grissom finally got together but we don't see much of anything so what was the point of that? and Greg needs much more air time!!!! They should also do another episode with the cast of CSI miami, I love when they do that.

November 23 2006 at 1:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvia

nick and greg are my favorite people in the show.so they shouldnt kill them off!but one thing i have to say is nick has 2 loose the mustache.please.its horrible.

November 04 2006 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
monica

I still don't understand your obsession with fire GE. He's one of the best characters in the show and a great actor. I think the producers and writers could be blamed for don't give him best plots. So, forget cause if he leaves the show CSI will lost a lot of fans. Go Nicky!!!!

October 26 2006 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

George Eads has kept this show alive these past years, and he shows his passion in the job in his acting, and killing of his character would probably atract people for one episode and then thats it all the Nick fans stop watching.
I sure hope he isn't killed of, because as someone said George HAS signed on for season 8 along with Jorja and Eric, but Billy, Marg and Gary haven't yet, but out of them all I think Billy is gonna go, he wasn't even going to be in Season 7 but has, and the season 6 finale has probably propered us to see him go, but I doubt they will kill him off.

October 22 2006 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peggy

I sure hope they don't get rid of Nick! He's great. What disappoints me is how they will have something happen to a character that's of a personal nature, & then just drop it in future episodes. Like Nick's being buried alive -- that had to screw him up. I don't care for Sarah either. And I'm tired of Catherine & her "perfect" lips & they way they seem to actually pose her. Let her be human. I like Grissom.

October 21 2006 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I think people read too much into the show. Sure Nick was upset. The crimes were heinous this episode, particularly because the reason they were committed was because those kids had nothing better to do. Add to that that a friend was beaten senseless, it was no wonder Nick was so cynical. I do not see that as a preface to him leaving though.

The producers could have written him out a couple of years ago after that whole contract mess, but decided to keep him.

Even if the show was getting stale, killing off a major character would only be a gimmick and would not correct the real problem and that would be that a show gets stale because the writing gets stale.

October 16 2006 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

Maybe he does not like the Sarah of the Sullen and Gil the latent pedophile story line either.

If I remember the stories from two years ago - Petersen is leaving the show at the end of this season when his contract ends.

October 16 2006 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kira Richardson

My question is WHY?

Nick Stokes is one of my favorite characters on the show, and I actually like ALL the folks on CSI, and even Sarah who can cop a bit of a holier than thou attitude, is still an interesting and fleshed out character.... unlike some of the characters in other CSI's.

This is the best CSI by far (but I watch them all) and Nick is one of my top faves. I don't want him going anywhere... (unless of course he brings back that terrible mustache!LOL)

October 16 2006 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

While I commented earlier about wanting Sara to go if Nick goes, I didn't state my feelings about the Nick character. Personally, I think he's one of the most likeable and better characters on the show. Characters I'd rather see go, in order of preference are:
1) Sara
2) Warwick
3) Grissom

Out of those 3 the only one I really want to see gone is Sara.

October 15 2006 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Nick Stokes is my favorit character on CSI, George Eads is a wonderfull actor. I have no idea why it would be good for the show to kill Nick. But hey, its not the first time, there are always people who are jealous right? Guess you are one of those people. Sad for you that you spend time on things like this.

October 15 2006 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply