October 23, 2014

Rachael Ray: most likeable TV host

by Adam Finley, posted Oct 14th 2006 12:06PM

rachael rayKing World, the syndication company behind Rachael Ray's new talk show, conducted a survey of 1,800 people to find out who the most likeable TV hosts were, and Rachael Ray came out the winner. The survey was meant to find out a star's "Q" score, which is industry jargon for how appealing a TV personality is to an audience. Ray was followed up by Ty Pennington of Home Makeover, and Food Network stars Paula Deen and Giada DeLaurentiis. Sixth place went to Oprah, with Sean Hannity, Emeril Lagasse and Dick Clark trailing. I'm not really a daytime talk person kind of fellow, nor do I watch a lot of cooking shows, so I can't comment on most of these choices. I don't know if he would count, but if we're going on likability alone, I'd probably choose Jay Leno. I don't care for his show, but he is an amicable personality. How about the rest of you? Who would you have picked?

[via Lost Remote]

Mark

Rachel Ray. She has the most awesome luscious lips in television. She's HOT!!! And the rest of her ain't all bad either.

October 26 2006 at 1:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth B.

I watch Rachel Ray everyday(sometimes 2 to 3 times a day),and I think she is great.
She is an outstanding TV personality,I think.
The way she presents herself is very nice.
I wish her luck with her restaurant and her talk show.I haven't got to see her talk show yet,but I do look forward to seeing it.I would also like to be able to meet her sometime.Keep up the good work Rachel!

October 26 2006 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie

Rachel Ray is like a favorite girlfriend. My husband and I have watched her for a few years now and love every chance we have to see her. She's doing so much now that I hope she doesn't burn herself out. After all she is still a newlywed. Her personality is so warm that I'm not surprised that she's doing so well with all her endeavors. I plan to get a couple of her cookbooks for myself this Christmas. We wish her well in all the things she's involved with.

October 26 2006 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
june

I think Rachael Ray is a breath of fresh air. She does just what we all need to be doing,smiling more. She is a good cook and a fun person to watch. Good luck Rachael with your burger place! If we were younger my husband and I drive up to New York when you open your burger place. Love your food show !

October 26 2006 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dolly Calis

I do not like Rachel Ray--She hyper and goofy--her slang words get on my nerves--such as--yum-0--delish--evoo--dives me nuts--eye ball it makes me nuts--I think she outh 2 take classes in public speaking--She talks 2 fast and uses her hands like a fool--Someone is making her popular and I don't think she deserves it--In my opinion her talk show and cooking shows r boring--She doesn't dress 2 gr8 either--Her slanted mouth does make her look like the joker--all she ever makes is meat loaf and burgers--some cook eh!--In my opinion Emeril is the best chef on the cooking network--he is fun and he is cute as a button--very handsome dude and the hr. he is on is fantastic--I wish he was on more often--I don't know how anyone can compare Rachek Ray 2 Emeril--Give me a break--

October 25 2006 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Meredith Vieira gets my vote for best personality on air. I like everything about her, including how she handles the problems in her private life. She's quite an admirable woman.

Rachael Ray is cute. I've enjoyed her cooking shows, but I do wish she'd calm down a bit as hostess of her own new one-hour show. She seems so frenetic, she exhausts me. If she could just slow down a little and speak in a more quiet tone, I'd enjoy her a whole lot better. At any rate, I like her, and I really wish her well in ALL her endeavours.

October 25 2006 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Rachael Ray is a fat douchebag.

October 25 2006 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin Boos

I can't stand Rachel Ray. I see her and change the channel. This all stems back to seeing her in 30 minute meals when she couldn't take a breath without telling you she was going to take a breath. The hands that she uses to talk are annoying and if she says EVOO one more time to be "cute as a button" I think I'll puke!!!

October 25 2006 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis Marino

Watch Rachel every day, have not seen her talk show yet looking foward to it, Giada and Paula are tops also, an old Italian man that loves to cook (and eat) have to watch food network.

October 25 2006 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louis Marino

Watch Rachel every day, have not seen her talk show yet but looking foward to it. Giada and Paula are tops also, old Italian man that loves to cook (and eat)has to watch cooking network.

October 25 2006 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply