April 24, 2014

Lucky Louie coming to DVD

by Adam Finley, posted Oct 15th 2006 8:02AM
lucky louieThe very short-lived series Lucky Louie is coming to DVD in 2007, though there is no official announcement on the exact date. Creator and star Louie CK, who recently recorded audio commentary for the episodes, told fans the DVD would be released on January 30, but TVShowsOnDVD warns that celebrities aren't always accurate when it comes to such things. I don't care when it comes out, I'm just happy it is coming out. I was rather bummed when I found out one of my favorite comedians had a show on HBO, a network I don't have on my current cable package. I've heard both good and bad things about the show, but like anyone else, I'd like to see it for myself and decide. We'll see if I enjoy it as much as his stand up, or if I'll be driving to his home to bang on his door and demand a refund.

PPalmer

Who cares?

October 15 2006 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shakespear

SJ, there was no laugh track it was taped before an audience.

October 15 2006 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Haha great response.

But still, don't you enjoy HBO shows? Or do you watch them on DVD?

October 15 2006 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

The HBO shows get plenty of coverage here, just not from me. All my extra cash is spent on hookers and blow. In that order.

October 15 2006 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Dave,
HBO decided not to renew the show.

And I agree with whawha. This is a site devoted to TV yet you dont have HBO? You missed out on The Sopranos, Deadwood, Entourage and now The Wire! And you call yourself a TV fan! You even write most of the posts here. I don't have HBO either but if I want to watch something I have a friend of mine record it for me (and no, that doesn't mean I download shows).

As for Lucky Louie, I haven't seen the show and heard both good and bad about it. Laugh tracks annoy me immensely though.

October 15 2006 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

does anybody knows if it will be a second season of this show?

October 15 2006 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
whawha

" I was rather bummed when I found out one of my favorite comedians had a show on HBO, a network I don't have on my current cable package."

This is a site devoted to TV...and you don't have HBO? What a rinky-dink operation.

October 15 2006 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ooda

Personally, I loved the show. It might have started off slow, but it ended up being full of laughs, and with some decent awkward moments that were funny as well, instead of being funny just because they were awkward. Good cast, except of Laura Laura Kightlinger who did not suit the show well at all. It's not as funny or intelligent as his standup, but it's still good.

On a side note, he'll be having a comedy night on HBO soon, so I'm looking forward to that. Luckily for anyone without HBO, they'll be able to catch Louis' act care of Dane Cook in about a year's time.

October 15 2006 at 10:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply