November 26, 2014

Next on Guiding Light: Wolverine?

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 19th 2006 6:30PM

Guiding Light comicI've been watching Guiding Light for almost three decades, and this might be the most bizarre news I've heard yet.

Our friends over at TMZ.com are reporting that the CBS soap has made an agreement with Marvel Comics, and Marvel will actually introduce a new superhero on the show!

Not only that, but Marvel is actually creating a comic book based on the new superhero, and the comic book will feature several characters from the soap along with Wolverine and Spiderman.

Now this is new synergy, eh? I can understand NBC having an online comic to cross-promote Heroes, but a new superhero on a soap opera and a comic book?

The superhero will make his (her?) debut on the soap on November 1.

Jeff

im really not...watching soaps and Rachel Ray all day...ugh...Bob get outside my man!!!

October 20 2006 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolinemorgan

I watch GL too but this has got to take the cake, first they cloned Reva then they cast the young woman who played cloned Reva as Michelle Bauer as if the fans wouln't notice. I think I will give up on Springfield and head over to Port Charles I hear they are bring Laura from Luke and Laura fame out of a four year catatonic state and boy is she in for a shock her daughter who was five or so when she went into said catotonic state just graduated from high school and had a summer abortion but even that storyline is more believable than a GL superhero.

October 20 2006 at 12:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Bob, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm freakin' jealous!

October 19 2006 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Jeff, I'm a writer, that's how I can stay home all day.

October 19 2006 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

Uhm .... double-you-tee-eff, man. Double-you-tee-eff. I really wish I had something more enlightening to say.

October 19 2006 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

They should just call the new hero "Guiding Light"! nah..sounds too religious.

October 19 2006 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff smith

Bob I have to know what you do for a living...Seems like you just wake up watch Rachel Ray and some Soap Operas all day long..hahaha

October 19 2006 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply