July 25, 2014

Case against Dog the bounty hunter halted for now

by Adam Finley, posted Oct 21st 2006 11:51AM

dog the bounty hunterThe Mexican federal government has halted their case against Duane "Dog" Chapman until more evidence and witness testimonies can be collected. Chapman, star of the popular A&E series Dog the Bounty Hunter, was arrested by Mexican authorities in 2003 after apprehending Max Factor heir Andrew Luster, who was later convicted of rape and sentenced to prison. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, but after posting bail Dog headed back to the US with his son Leland and his work partner Tim Chapman on the advice of Dog's lawyer in Mexico, who told the bounty hunter it wasn't necessary to return for a scheduled court hearing. That decision came back to haunt them, however, when federal agents arrested the three men back in September. Since then, they've been awaiting an extradition hearing to determine whether they'll be sent back to Mexico to face charges. Fans of the series, as well as some members of congress, have rallied around the famed bounty hunter. Dog has been under house arrest, but a judge recently allowed his monitoring bracelet to be removed.

jason J. Silva

Can get some adive on your line of work with me being disabled. Iwant to help to take back amaricas streets from crimenals PLEASE HELPPPPPPP! PHONE# 818-304-5456

January 10 2007 at 6:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

11/21/2006 2:41p.m. E.S.T. I agree with most o0f these people and the MEXICAN government/authorities right now should "LAY OFF!" of the DOG praise him because Luster at some point in time if not caught would become their problem and he would really be in "HOT WATER" with 2 countries!!! So in closing :THE DOG,LELAND,AND TIM(YOUNBLOOD)CHAPMAN DID WORLD A HUGE FAVOR AND SHOULDN'T GET CHASTIZED FOR IT BUT REMEMBERED FOR WHAT THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of comment 2:49p.m. E.S.T.

November 21 2006 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmie L. Moseley

I watch the show all of the time. My wife loves it. I do not understand why the government does the things it does. I have been in the military for 24 years and I retire in April. I see some crazy things that goes on in the military but I am a patriot through and through. I think every body should be asking these politicians about this farce and what they will do to stop it if they are elected. Keep your head up Dog, we are in your corner. I think it is great the repor you have with the people you take to jail. Keep up the great work.

November 01 2006 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

Iwas a Sheriff of a small county that had six people shot and five was killed. The fugitives escaped to Mexico. I was notified by the FBI that the whereabouts of the fugitives is known (in Mexico City). That was over four years ago. The Mexican Government refused to extridite. They still haven't been brought to justice. And for something of this ridiculous magnitude to occur with Dog Chapman. Is a slap is the face of justice.

October 22 2006 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael DeFlavia

The dog is free! This was a total joke. The dog did the world a favor and removed the freedom of a serial rapist. We should be thanking him. The dog and his family should not have to worry about this nonsense.

October 22 2006 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

Richard....you took the words right out of my mouth. The Mexican Gov't and Police do nothing to help U.S. Police when trying to catch fugitives that flee to Mexico or American that are victims of a crime commited in Mexico. There is no way that any branch of the U.S. Gov't should give any help to Mexico on these type of matters.

October 21 2006 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RICHARD CRAINIUM

I HAVE AN OPEN QUESTION FOR ALL....
WHEN A MEXICAN COMITS A CRIME IN THE U.S. AND RUNS FOR THE BORDER(LIKE MOST DO)THE MEXICAN GOVN. 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 WILL NOT EXTRIDITE THEM....THEN WHY IN THE HELL SHOULD WE DO WHAT THEY SAY????THEY ARE A SECOND CLASS COUNTRY AND ALWAYS BE SECOND CLASS....

October 21 2006 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply