April 16, 2014

Liev Schreiber takes over on CSI

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 25th 2006 3:27PM

Liev SchreiberDon't panic, William Petersen fans, don't panic! It's only temporary.

Petersen is taking a break from the show for a handful of episodes starting January 12, and Schreiber will play another investigator who comes in to solve bizarre murders in Las Vegas.

I wonder if this is a tryout for Schreiber. It's often been rumored that Petersen would not stay with CSI forever, so maybe producers are taking this break as an opportunity to try out someone else in the role if Petersen decides to move on. I'm kinda surprised that Schreiber took the gig, since he's been focusing on movies and the stage for several years, but he could add something interesting to the show. Though I don't watch the show anymore. Is there anything interesting happening on any of the CSIs these days?

gigi soto

I think the new actor is ok maybe even great. BUT losing William Peterson is a big hit to the show. i have watched since it's first show and love the show with Peterson. Adding another character fine...Do lose Peterson. I love these type of shows and for example cannot stand CSI:Miami because of the lead character on that show. Just my opinion...

January 11 2007 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie

Guess it's inevitable sort of like the fact that Stephanie Powers is not returning. Personally, like the Gil character and in regards to Stephanie Powers -- kinda like not having to see the current on-air personalities during the parade.

December 31 2006 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donna wilson

TO THE WRITER: WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING ANYMORE???

December 29 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BJ LaMance

CSI without Peterson/Grissom????? That's like trying to have a milkshake without the milk! I don't care if they got Johnny Depp AND Brad Pitt to be "added" stars for CSI! There IS NO CSI without Grissom!

December 29 2006 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tyler

I really do hate seeing William leave the show. He did do an excellent job promoting Grissom. Liev might turn out "all right"... No, Nick should NOT grow out his hair like in season 4 / end of 5. Too long and unprofessional for CSI.. Come on... Eads (sorry for misspelling) is doing a superb job as well.

December 28 2006 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol

i think the whole thing with grissom and sara was dumb, such a build up for nothing, which is fine because she is so not pretty.....and why can't nick keep his hair, he is so sexy, but not bald. does anyone know who sings the song playing during the trailer for the next episode?

December 28 2006 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sonia

I"ve always thought this guy was hot, I think he will do good but will he be able to fill Grissom's shoes, that's the question,

November 23 2006 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Naiche

Im so lost right now, after the episode "Double Cross" (they hang that chick in the church), they showed a promo for the next episode which featured the Miniature building killer and dead twins, so I get all excited (cuz I love the idea of the serial killer that builds miniatures), and wouldn't you know it the next episode is a RE-RUN WTF!, and then the one after that is a new one about a pedophile, what happen???!!! DAMN U CSI

November 02 2006 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

I love the show no matter what. It was the first of it's kind. To Samsara, CSI was #1 for a very long time. Most shows cannot pull that off and I doubt Greys Anatomy will last as long as CSI did at #1 let alone lasts as long as 7 years. Give credit where credit is due!!!!!

October 26 2006 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

Sorry, I can't help myself, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Liev!! How cool to see him appear on one of my favorite shows! It's hard to take change when you faithfully watch a show and they bring in someone new, but give Liev a chance. Who knows...he may not be a good fit, but he has such diversity as an actor and I think he'll be brilliant. (Then again, I am partial, did I mention I love Liev???)

October 26 2006 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply