November 23, 2014

If I were in charge of NBC...

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 26th 2006 8:31AM
nbc logoI am very frustrated with NBC this fall because I think the executives are wimpy. The network had an awesome schedule last May during the upfronts but then the powers-that-be balked when they saw the other networks' schedules and they changed everything around so that nothing made sense. This week, NBC finally did something right when it reorganized its Thursday night line-up. But the rest of the week still sucks.

As I was putting together my make-believe NBC schedule, I discovered a few problems with NBC programming. First, there are way too many franchises of Law & Order. They're hard to place in decent time slots, especially since Sunday nights are occupied by football. I also discovered that it's very hard, yet very necessary, to split up 30 Rock and Studio 60. I assumed 20 Good Years is cancelled, and I said to hell with what the other networks are doing, I'm making a line-up that makes sense.

Check out my NBC schedule after the jump, and tell me how you'd do it:

Sunday

10 pm: Heroes

Friday
8 pm: Deal or No Deal
9 pm: Las Vegas
10 pm: Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Brent McKee

Someone made the point that putting "Friday Night Lights" on Friday would be the kiss of death for the show because all of the people interested in seeing it would actually be attending high school football games. So let's see what we can do with this lineup.

Sunday

Friday
8 pm: 1 vs 100
9 pm: Las Vegas
10 pm: Crossing Jordan

November 12 2006 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kev

I know that i have already posted here already, but isomething came in mind that made me wanna make some changes.

Sunday
8pm: NFL

Monday
8 pm: Deal or No Deal
9 pm: Law & Order: Criminal Intent
10 pm: ER

Tuesday
8 pm: The Biggest Loser
9 pm: Scrubs
9:30 pm: 30 Rock
10 pm: Law & Order: SVU

Wednesday
8 pm: Las Vegas
9 pm: Runaway (That cancelled show on The CW)
10 pm: Law & Order

Thursday
8 pm: My Name is Earl
8:30 pm: The Office
9 pm: Studio 60
10 pm: Heroes

Friday
8 pm: Deal or No Deal
9 pm: Friday Night Lights
10 pm: Kidnapped

I think that NBC should pick up Runaway bcuz it would be better on NBC than on The CW, and to promote it well bcuz its such a good show. Studio 60 should just get cancelled bcuz it's a horrible show, so thats why i left it on thursday nights, so the show can die off.

October 30 2006 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

Between foorball and CSI miami monday at 10 is a death spot move original L&O there it is on it's way out with the new cast it has anyway so let it be the sacrificial lamb

Move Studio 60 to Wednesday at 10 then it only has to go against 1 show with decent ratings CSI New york

Leave ER where it is if it ain't broke don't fix it

Keep the new game shows on at 8pm to try to build a lead for the shows that come after them

October 27 2006 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

I think Studio 60 would do better with a different time slot. Most people don't watch tv 10pm Monday nights, I wouldn't think. Toward the end of the week, people are winding down. But anyway, I love the show and hope it's not pulled. I think it's great!

October 27 2006 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany

Heros does not deserve a thursday ///10PM/// slot.

October 27 2006 at 3:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robert

Having a full two hours of comedy on thursdays is good, against other nets dramas its a good alternative. Quit saturating the airwaves with howie mandel, please god. Bring back Surface, pair it with Heroes.

October 26 2006 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtms

It says something that Crossing Jordan is all but ignored. I think this is a solid drama and would help out NBC if they would just give it a chance to shine.

October 26 2006 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kev

yeah, your timeslo is Ok But, this is the better timeslot.

Sunday

Friday
8 pm: Deal or No Deal
9 pm: Friday Night Lights
10 pm: Dateline

October 26 2006 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Berlin

Wow -- NBC would own my television on Thursday nights forever and ever with that lineup!

October 26 2006 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacey

While I agree that NBC will NEVER move ER, I really think they should.

Anna's Thursday schedule is perfect.

If people love ER enough, they'll find a way to watch it...if not...oh well.

October 26 2006 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply