April 18, 2014

Powers Boothe joins 24

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 26th 2006 3:19PM

Powers BootheDeadwood fans take note! Powers Boothe has joined the cast of 24. He'll play the Vice President. D.B. Woodside's character, Wayne Palmer, is now President.

This is just the latest is a series of big casting moves the hit FOX show has made. We've already heard that Eric Balfour, Peter MacNichol, Regina King, and Michael Angarao will be in the cast this season, which starts in January.

[via TV Tattle]

Tom

Powers Boothe and Peter MacNichol both on 24. Wow! Can't wait for January!!! Heard that Keifer Sutherland and Kim Raver (Audrey Raines, now Kathryn Hale on The Nine) will be appearing on that new show VIP Passport (also on Fox), BTW. Very cool. Will be neat to see these two together in a different (non butt-clenching) sitch! If you want to win a hot red SL550, BTW, check out the show's site at www.vippassport.tv.

October 28 2006 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

Considering that Harvey Birdman is going off the air, Peter no longer gets to do X The Eliminator. So, that leaves time for him to do 24.

Would be interesting to have "Deadwood 24" where Jack Bauer is a Pinkerton going after Al Swear-in-Gem.

dwacon

October 26 2006 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I'll never forget how powerful Powers Boothe was in Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (1980).

I really haven't seen him in other things--my bad--and I probably won't see him in 24 either. But he is a really amazing and powerful actor.

October 26 2006 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

Regarding Peter MacNichol, is he leaving Numbers? Hopefully since 24 starts much later than Numbers does, he can do both.

October 26 2006 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMatt

Soooo...I guess we know one of the villains. I mean, has Powers Boothe been a good guy recently on TV? Plus, I think it's a rule on "24" that the either the President or Vice President must be evil...

October 26 2006 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply