July 28, 2014

Shaun of the Dead coming to Comedy Central

by Annie Wu, posted Oct 27th 2006 10:07AM
Shaun of the DeadI don't know how long these promos have been running on Comedy Central, but during South Park, I just saw a bug promoting the television premiere of Shaun of the Dead (Saturday at 9 PM EST!). I was so giddy, I choked on air. Although I've seen it a million an one times, I am very excited that it's coming to American cable. Shaun is one of those films that I constantly try to get people to see, so it's nice that some fresh meat will watch it without me having to strap them to a chair and do various Clockwork Orange-y things to them.

Also, I am quite interested in seeing how much they edit from the film. After all, it is a rather gory movie... and the language is quite coarse (heh, Ed's not going to have any lines in the television version, is he?).

Seriously. Watch this movie. It's one of my favorite films and definitely my number one romantic horror film with zombies and Electro. Hell, I'm even dressing up as Shaun for Halloween. And yes... I am well aware that Shaun is a guy. By the way, for those of you that already know and love Shaun: The teasers for Hot Fuzz (the next project for Simon, Nick, and Ed) are online. There are a few really fun Shaun references worth checking out.

Stevie

prink.

October 28 2006 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryce

They showed Dawn of the Dead(2004) on USA last week without editing too much off it, only blurring the nudity and blanking the cussing.

Is 'Shaun' playing on secret stash?

October 27 2006 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

One of the very best movies - campy and funny and scary and so damned good! I have the DVD, and watch it every time it comes on TV. There is absolutely nothing to criticize about this movie, other than that it ended.

October 27 2006 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

As someone who has never been able to sit through more than 10 minutes of "Night of the Living Dead" (yeah, yeah, I know it's a classic and it's deep--I just can't stomach it), and who has no great love for zombie flicks, I have to say: I LOVE "Shaun of the Dead." I own the DVD. I make all my friends watch it. It transcends the genre and is one of the funniest films ever made.

But I can't see the Comedy Central audience getting most of it--I'd expect it to be on BBC-America. It helps to be an Anglophile. And yeah--basic cable will have to edit it to pieces.

October 27 2006 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike K

On the DVD in the special features they actually included some alternate takes for a "TV edit" which are still freakin' hilarious.

"It's 4 in the funkin' morning!"

October 27 2006 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edd

Best. Film. Ever. Even script writer supremo Robert McKee agrees.

October 27 2006 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply