August 21, 2014

Dick Clark to return to New Year's Rockin' Eve

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 28th 2006 11:00AM
Dick ClarkDick Clark will return once again for ABC's coverage of New Year's Eve on December 31.

Clark was on the show last year after missing the 2004 show because of a stroke, and he'll be back to co-host New Year's Rockin' Eve as ABC rings in 2007 and the ball drops in Times Square. (The pic on the right is from this year's Emmy Awards, when he got a special award from Barry Manilow.)

That's the good news. The bad news? He'll have to ring in the New Year with Ryan Seacrest, Christina Aguilera, and a hundred young people who actually filmed their dance segments days if not weeks ago.

Robert

Dick,

I want you to know that you have one fan in this world that will never wish to tell you it's time to retire, because if you retire then you are not doing what you want to do.
Did we tell Jack Benny to go away?
Did we ask for Johnny Carson to leave the Tonight Show?
I listen to Old time radio shows and it is a dissapointment to me that some people feel that when you become weak or disabled your not considered well enough to do anything anymore.
I'm putting my fighting gloves on and standing up for you Dick.
Maybe I'm just one voice but I'm here to let you know there is still someone who cares.
This is your show and always will be your show.
I hope you host the show as long as you want and not a minute more.

November 06 2006 at 4:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gerry

Dick Clark is absolutely EVERYTHING New Year's Eve is about. Just because he had a stroke, does not mean he is not still a viable human being. I, for one, will be looking forward to seeing him this year. God Bless Him!

October 30 2006 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Sweet God...this is a bad idea. Clark is a shell of his former self. Anyone who saw last years or his Emmys appearance knows he's in no shape to host anything. Hang it up, Dick.

October 28 2006 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Dick, time to retire. We love you and remember you fondly, but you are not what NYE is about. Sorry I sound like a jerk, but I'm just telling you like it is.

October 28 2006 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Lorraine, Dick was at last year's NYE show... Bob stated that in his post. He missed the NYE show two years ago.

October 28 2006 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorraine

glad you are coming back. Missed you at New Years.

October 28 2006 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply