April 20, 2014

How many of these 80's cartoons do your remember -- VIDEO

by Richard Keller, posted Oct 28th 2006 4:00PM

ThundercatsAs usual with YouTube when you are looking for one video, you end up finding another video that peaks your interest. And then another, and another, and soon the dawn of the next day comes around.

Thus was my situation. I was about to do a post on the Japanese anime classic Star Blazers when I found a more interesting piece of video that contained the opening introductions to a number of syndicated cartoons of the 1980's. And, even though I think that many Saturday morning cartoons of that era were pretty weak, I feel that this was when syndicated action cartoons reached their glory. I mean, who doesn't remember cartoons like Thundercats, M.A.S.K., or Voltron.

So, take a look at the video that appears after the jump and see if you can remember all of the cartoons shown. If you can, please let me know the name of the second cartoon shown in the video, as well as if one of the versions of Voltron is shown as well.

geminipassion

opps my bad,i just looked at the list again,and jem is indeed on it.But how about "The Littles" anyone remember this one."goldie gold and action jack" is another i remember.

January 06 2007 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
geminipassion

Nobody mentioned "jem and the holograms"sure it was more a chick show,but i knew quite a few guys who liked it too! Does anybody remember the show "Tranzor Z"? OR "Johnny Socko and his flying robot". It really wasn't a cartoon,but it still was cool.It might have been from the late 70s early 80s.I think

January 06 2007 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adz

Does anyone remember a cartoon called Blue, our child of the earth, I have vague recollections of it, but can find nothing about it on the net.

November 30 2006 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luke

I'm looking for a cartoon..i cant quite remember ..instectoids or some thing like that?

November 27 2006 at 5:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
d00d

d00d WT* about inhumanoids! duh!

November 06 2006 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dburney

Oh man, what about Galaxy Rangers? And I'd definitely put Robotech in the list and Silverhawks. It's a shame the staples didn't make it (Transformers, G.I. Joe). What about Jem (kidding)?

October 31 2006 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

M.A.S.K. was the shit when I was little. I almost bought the whole M.A.S.K. toy collection from eBay a few years ago just for the hell of it. Man, I wish I knew what happened to my Thunderhawk.

October 29 2006 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Crap Talk

I loved the Centurions. This showed my old good times.

October 29 2006 at 6:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

it is jayce and the wheeled warriors it was the cartoon of its time even here in uk do you know where i can download thundercats or dungeons and dragons

October 29 2006 at 5:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
simon

wow
i must have watche dtoo many cartoons back then as i remember all of them.i thought jayce actually had an ending,maybe im wrong as it has been over 15 years since ive seen the whole thing-i wish they would release more classic 80s cartoons on dvd as they dont get shown now here in the uk anymore.

October 29 2006 at 2:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply