April 23, 2014

Pumpkin catapult injures child from Little People, Big World

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 30th 2006 11:02AM
roloff familyEightNine-year old Jacob Roloff is in serious condition at a Portland, Ore. hospital following an accident with a pumpkin catapult on the family farm. Jacob is the youngest of the Roloff family, which owns a farm in Hillsboro, Oregon and also stars in the TLC show, Little People, Big World. Jacob's father, Matt Roloff, says Jacob and a farm employee were using the catapult when it triggered at the wrong time. Both were rushed to a local hospital.

**Update: Matt Roloff details the accident here. It sounds like everybody's going to be okay.

lauren

Well it seems like your show isnt on enough I love to see it on tv it reminds me how much your family cares about each other . I would love to meet your hole family and see your farm I think it would be the best experience you all seem like great people

January 04 2007 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angela

Amy I heard you grew up in Butler, Pennsylvania is that true?

December 27 2006 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LARRY W

MY HEART GOES OUT TO JACOB AND MIKE FOR A SPEADY RECOVERY !!!
i just love watching the show, it's just the BEST !!!!
now my mother watches also and just loves it!!!
i've watched since day 1.
it certainly has opened up my eyes !!!
iam friends with little people here in wpb fl.
you might have heard of them....john and greg rice.
they have made a great name for themselves just like you have !!!
my hats off to both of you..and your GREAT family !!
LARRY IN WPB FL.

December 25 2006 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Faye Worley

I watch your show all the time and can hardly wait for the next episode. My son adopted a little person but she passed away 7 years ago. She also had some mental disabilities. One question we wonder about is could we have some info on Mike is he a family member, friend does he live with you? We truly hope Jacob is doing well I am a nurse and head injuries worry me alot. Happy holidays.

December 04 2006 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amie Schaplowsky

Dear Roloff Family,
My family loves watching yours, I hope that your son gets up to speed which we will like my kids on the go don't matter what happens. Well god bless it will be all ok!!! Your biggest fan the Schaplowsky's from Kansas

December 03 2006 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorelei

I wish for a speedy recovery to Jacob and the farm hand. I love watching your show because you all are so "Down to earth" everyday normal people. The everyday events are events that happen in my household of four children as well. I am always wondering what is gonna happen next. By the way, Nice grill..lol
God Bless...

November 14 2006 at 12:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

I had no idea that your son was hurt until a message played after one of the shows...
I cant imagine the worry in your hearts...you have became a big part of a lot of peoples family, that must be a comfort to know we are all out here praying for you all. Your family is a inspiration on a lot of levels to me,
God Bless

November 10 2006 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wilfredo Perez

Hello greeting from Puerto Rico I see weekly the program of its family and me I do not lose it I hope that his Son Jacob improves soon but that God blesses them

November 06 2006 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniale Ruegge

dear roloff family,
i am so very sorry to hear about your son jacob. my family and i are praying for jacob's and for your farm helpers recovery. what a beautiful family you have and what awesome you people you seem to be. i can only say thank you for all you have shown of yourselves through your show on tlc. you teach that family comes fisrt...that your children come fisrt. best wishes and prays- the ruegge family

November 04 2006 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee Ann

Dear Roloff Family

Im a big fan of your show. I watch it every week. Im very sorry to hear about what happened to Jacob. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.Im glad hes going to be ok.

November 03 2006 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply