The Five: Worst episodes of Buffy (or "Bored now")
So, while there are many more good episodes than bad, Buffy -- like any other show on TV -- does have its bad days.
5. Where The Wild Things Are (S04E18) -- There really wasn't much point to this episode. Buffy and Riley spent the bulk of the episode in a frat house bedroom having sex while the rest of the scoobs are left to battle some ornery ghosts who are none too happy. Maybe I just hate that we had to endure the knowing that some guy was banging Buffy for hours on end. No, actually, the episode was just pointless and not all that good.
4. The Pack (S01E06) -- I mentioned my distaste for this episode when I reviewed it during Retro Squad. The whole plot within the zoo and Xander hanging around with bullies, possessed with the spirit of some demon hyenas. And then we're supposed to believe Xander can take down Buffy in any capacity? Please.
3. Inca Mummy Girl (S02E04) -- This episode has a familiar feeling to it, one that took me back to 'The Pack'. And it makes sense, as it was written by the same duo. Maybe it's a problem with the silly field trips the kids are taking in High School that makes for a bad episode. This was another of the few episodes that made me wish it'd be over already.
2. Go Fish (S02E20) -- I feel bad for Nick Brendon. Out of the very few Xander-centric episodes, I'm naming three of them in my worst-of list. Thankfully there's 'The Zeppo', which I really liked but I think there are those who didn't. Actually this one's not all Xander, so that's good for him. I think what I hated the most about this episode was the horrible costumes used on the, um, fish men. The scene at the end of the episode, with the group of them flopping around in the ocean is pain inducing and laughable at the same time.
1. Doublemeat Palace (S06E12) -- Where do I begin? This just had to be a joke amongst the writers to see how laughable they could get an episode past the fans of the show. I'm not sure there is anyone I know who, when I mention this episode, doesn't react with a smarting sound and "ooooo.... yeah that was bad." What were they thinking?