August 23, 2014

NBC pulls Kidnapped from Saturday slot

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 1st 2006 9:42AM
kidnappedRatings are so poor for NBC's Kidnapped that it's being pulled from its crappy Saturday time slot. The show was sent there earlier this month from its Wednesday night time slot, where it was also tanking. Previously, NBC had ordered the show to stop production after 13 episodes, which is why we dubbed it the first canceled show of the Fall 2006 season.

Last Saturday, Kidnapped got only about 3.7 million viewers, making it the lowest-watched program on television that night. Only five episodes of Kidnapped have aired so far and there's no word from NBC on whether it will even play out the rest of the 'season'. Starting this Saturday, reruns of Law & Order: Criminal Intent will play instead of Kidnapped.

It's unfortunate that this has happened because the show really is quite good. The writing is strong and the acting is spectacular (plus, Jeremy Sisto is super-steamy). It just had a terrible time slot (both Wednesday and Saturday) and NBC didn't give it a whole lot of love. Plus, it was one in a sea of new serials and I found that I just don't have the energy and/or attention span to follow more than one or two these shows at a time. I am pretty much tapped with Heroes and Lost.

vivi

so is daddy involved or what? i just want to know what happens

December 03 2006 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Kidnapped was a great show. Yes, the show was placed in the wrong time slot, but the acting was top notch. NBC should reconsider placing the drama on Sunday nite when viewers are most prone to watch television. Don't ax this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26 2006 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isaac

I tivo it for Nov.4 and found that i had actually taped Law in Order Criminal Intent which I hate. The male cop knows every fucking thing in the world. He reminds me of a bad Columbo. Kidnapped was the shit...it reminds me of the Usual Suspects...with all the mazes. Damn, at least keep it going. NBC you have so much bullshit on your channels why not give the people what they want. So you had a 3.7 fucking rating stop bitching...stop being so greedy. Put the show back on and for once stop worrying about ratings. You have some good actors who could be on another network or doing something else...everything can't be ER. I don't even watch any of your other shit you have on TV. Kidnapped and 60 minutes. Other wise its CABLE...no commercials..baby none...I am out!

November 07 2006 at 9:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

I am really angry at NBC for canceling this show. They are famous for this sort of thing...Pretender, Profiler, Surface, and now Kidnapped. I won't be watching anymore of their new shows. I will watch what I have already become invested in, and when they pull those shows, I will not be watching NBC anymore.

November 07 2006 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annabelle

Joe, #11, they did run the pilot for Kidnapped on TBS. That was where I caught. They actually had a couple of showings. If there was a chance for Kidnapped it would probably be on TBS.

November 04 2006 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brassy

They now have a feedback for Kidnapped http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/ use the drop menu to pull up the form for Kidnapped and send emails that way
, this is for fans to send e-mails and letting nbc know how you feel about kidnapped, this would help, it might let them see how so many people feel about them taking this wonderful show off air, and maybe they might rethink about what they are doing and put it on a cable network E-mail Sony and let them know how you feel, that You love Kidnapped .the first person you would want to send a e-mail to is Kevin Reilly he is the guy that says what stays an goes let him know how you love this show and ask him to send it to USA network even if it is for the summer or mid seasons. And you can go to the kidnapped board to find more info on this http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showforum=69 here are some e-mails for sony pictures and nbc Kevin.Reilly@nbcuni.com nbc_support@rresults.com, jon.joebgen@nbcuni.com, Bob.Wright@nbcuni.com, Beth.Comstock@nbcuni.com, Randy.Falco@nbcuni.com
michael_lynton@spe.sony.com, amy_pascal@spe.sony
It would be nice if you could send e-mail out everyday and to tell anyone else that would like to do this.It's worth a shot if you like this show.And yes I heard the shows will only be airing on nbc.com it's even posted on the kidnapped main page so if you want to see the rest of Leo go there !! it should be stating tonight Fri 03 2006 or Sat 04 2006, from what nbc said anyways, so just look out for it everyday till they have it up.

November 03 2006 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

So NBC's promise to its viewers to end Kidnapped after thirteen episodes was welcomed. The show would move to Saturday nights. Fine, we all can TIVO or at least VCR.

Then after one week, Kidnapped is gone.

It supposedly will surface at nbc.com but not for those viewers who live in Canada. They get nada.

The least NBC can do would be to post summaries of the remaining episodes at nbc.com and failing that can we beg or plead with TV Squad to give us short summaries.

Thanks.

November 01 2006 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

This is absolutely insupportable. It's bad enough that NBC declined to stand by one of the best new shows of the season (so much for commitment to quality). But they PROMISED not to let down the existing fans, and to run the complete story in 13 episodes. And now they're reneging on that? Why should anyone believe anything they ever say again?

As someone above said--it's not like Saturday is a night for appointment television anyway. Let the show run its course and don't spit in the face of the people you've made promises to, NBC.

DAMN, this makes me mad!!

November 01 2006 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myron

So 3.7 million people were devoted enough to the show to follow to the Saturday dead zone. Now the show gets yanked. I would say NBC now has 3.7 million viewers who are pissed at NBC. Well done!

November 01 2006 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BigT

I echo the sentiments. It turns out that the show was good after all. I was trying early on to decide which would go first, Kidnapped or Vanished. I decided that Kidnapped was clearly the better written and acted of the two, but what do I know. I blame NBC marketing. Once the season started, I saw almost not advertising. In contrast, I see Heroes and The Nine on every bus in town.

It sucks that we'll be left with a half told story. Maybe Tivo can develop a business model around dead shows. With the right "forced advertising" maybe they can let people subscribe to the Tivo network for these shows and give them a home.

November 01 2006 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply