December 19, 2014

Update: Kidnapped headed to web

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 1st 2006 8:04PM
Kidnapped
Anna told you earlier today about NBC pulling Kidnapped off of the Saturday schedule (wow, how bad do ratings have to be to have that happen twice in a matter of weeks?), and now comes word over at TV Guide that the remaining eight episodes of the drama will be shown on NBC's web site.

The show is being pulled and will not be seen again on the small screen after sweeps (we're at the start of the all-important sweeps period right now), but will be shown on your even smaller screen, your computer.

The show is filming its 13th episode even as you read this. Oh well. At least fans won't have to wait and see what's going to happen to the show and will be able to see the kidnapping plot reach its conclusion and not left hanging.

Jim

Excellent news! Now it will be even easier not to watch.

November 03 2006 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myron

I guess I'm old fashioned but I prefer to watch tv shows on, you know, a tv. With all the air time NBC has on all its channels, they are moving it to the internet. It doesn't make any sense to me. I can think of two reasons why they might do this:

1- To show how with-it they are. Not just a TV company but a super cool interweb, black turtleneck media enterprise.
2- This somehow lets them screw the show's producer out of payments that would be due if the show was on TV somewhere.

November 02 2006 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dries

I guess the dvdbox of kidnapped will sell good.
I think they should forget about the webbroadcasts, but rush to get the dvdbox out for christmas!

November 02 2006 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DelRay

DVD! DVD! DVD!

November 02 2006 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuck

shit! web means crappy quality!

November 02 2006 at 5:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Unfortunately for those of us residing in Canada, we cannot even watch the balance of Kidnapped online at NBC.com. The site will not allow us to watch from our location.

Could TV Squad please do us all a big favor and provide us with summaries of the remaining episodes, or at least of the final episode. These summaries could be really short. At least it would give us some closure. We cannot count on NBC putting out a DVD of a low rated show.

Thanks in advance for considering this request.

I can tell you on behalf of myself and my family that it will be a cold day in hell before we watch any more serialized dramas on NBC.

They sure know how to alienate their viewers!

November 01 2006 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

Well, that news isn't going to do me any good. Laptop and dialup here still. Only good for one big computer purchase this year and that was to get all the computer supplies my nephew needed for his first year of college.

And they disabled the ability to watch video at work, so there goes that option as well.

PLEASE let there be a DVD release!

November 01 2006 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bart Smith

"What's going to get them higher revenue at 9 PM on a Saturday???"

Based on the ratings from this past Saturday... just about anything apparently.

November 01 2006 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe in LA

And my comment on one of those links, reposted here:

"I just don't understand why they would relegate this to the Internet. If they can't find a nook or cranny of their primetime schedule, why not show it on the USA Network where it would fit in with their other mysteries or even show it at 2 in the morning on Bravo?"

November 01 2006 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Well, I guess they're throwing us a bone, right?

Still. Fucking NBC.

I wonder if they'll deign to release a DVD for those of us who would prefer to watch the remaining episodes on a decent-sized screen with real speakers?

Bastards. I can't believe they couldn't let this continue for 8 more lousy weeks. What's going to get them higher revenue at 9 PM on a Saturday???

November 01 2006 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply