December 22, 2014

Martha shames Rachael Ray - on air!

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 3rd 2006 2:31PM

Martha StewartI was going to do a post on how odd it was that Barry Manilow appeared on both Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray the other day, at the same time (live on Martha's and taped on Rachael's show), but one thing happened that I didn't realize when I was switching back and forth between each show.

Martha actually called Rachael out on it, live on the air!

According to the NY Post, Martha said this:

"I'd never met Rachael Ray - I think she's fun and lovely - but, you know, we have Barry Manilow live this morning, and he taped an episode of the Rachael Ray show that was supposed to air tomorrow. But for some reason, they pushed the show up to today, and now Barry is on two shows at once. He's live with us, but it's really not fair to the artist because these performers deserve to reach as big of an audience as possible. But anyway, we have him here. Live."

Ouch! Oh, this battle is turning out to be better than I could have imagined. Next up: Ray challenges Martha to make prison food.

Tammy

But Rachael Ray isn't on opposite of Martha in every city, we get Rachael at 9 am here and my mom gets Rachael at 3 pm. So maybe in NYC or something they are on at the same time but not everywhere.

November 03 2006 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

let me get this straight. they are fighting over BARRY MANILOW???

November 03 2006 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meeno

My girl tried to get me to watch 15 minutes of Rachel Ray and Martha, and each time, around the 7th minute, I blacked out and woke up on top of my house about to jump off.

wierd

jk

November 03 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

From the quote, she really isn't calling out Ray on it, but rather those who moved the air date.

November 03 2006 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Forget Martha and Rachael, Barry Manilow was great on Colbert. Those 2 singing together was one of the best TV moments this year!

Btw I doubt it was Rachael's decision to air the show. It's probably the producers or somebody else I think.

November 03 2006 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

Now that's funny daytime stuff! Good for you Martha!

November 03 2006 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply