September 3, 2014

Showtime gives Dexter a second season

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Nov 3rd 2006 2:06PM

Dexter

This is fantastic news. According to Reuters, Showtime has given Dexter the greenlight for season two. I can't even begin to say how excited I am about that. Dexter has quickly become a favorite here at TV Squad -- Keith and myself can't stop raving about it. However, this does set a bit of a different tone for Showtime's president Robert Greenblatt. If you recall, Greenblatt gave the go ahead for season two of Huff before the show even premiered. Huff has since been canceled and it would appear that Greenblatt is being a bit more cautious this time around. But at this point, the 12-episode renewal for season two makes sense. The ratings and reviews of Dexter have been been nothing short of excellent and I'm sure season two will continue that trend. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do some sort of celebratory jig or dance.

Gabriel Bolivar

It is a GREAT NEW! Dexter is one of my favorites show!!! Yayyyy!!!! cant wait for the next season

January 17 2007 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly B

dude! I so totally found this show out by a friend..I watched all 12 esp. like over 3 days..lol..I so totally now need to get showtime! but, I need to know like when this 2nd season starts ..so...I can get showtime..so..if anyone knows please like post it so..I don't miss out on dexter

January 03 2007 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
IYONNA

hi all, i just have to say that since i first laid eyes on Michael c Hall on Six Feet Under, i fell in love with him. His voice, and those gorgeous eyes. Now that i see that he is on another sitcome "Dexer" He really fits into the character (love the intro, by the way). Its amazing to see dexter's double sided life. Keep rockin it Michael or should i say "Dexter". I'll be tuning in first hand when the second season arrives. But please hurry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love Iyonna

January 01 2007 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandy

When does season two of Dexter start

December 30 2006 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dcm118@aol.com

dexter is my new favorite show can not wait for next seson when will it air

December 18 2006 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dcm118@aol.com

dexter is my favorite show when will the new shows start. cannot wait

December 18 2006 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter

I LOVE DEXTER!.. This is differntly one of the better reasons to subscribe to Showtime.

I really enjoy Weeds too, very weird shows... not something really "seen" before but they worked out great.

December 18 2006 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nate

Waahoo!! This show rocks! Go to know it will come back...

December 14 2006 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anissa Varnell

Yay :) Dexter has definitely become my favorite show..

December 11 2006 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john barrow

Excelent. This serie is great! my favorite!

December 05 2006 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply