July 29, 2014

Who deserves more fame?

by Julia Ward, posted Nov 3rd 2006 9:32AM
Allison MackEntertainment Weekly ran an interesting online reader's poll asking, "Who deserves more fame?"

While I'm not sure I'd wish big time, privacy-destroying fame on any of my favorite performers, there are definitely some TV actors out there who are severely underrated.

Who was included on the EW list? Christopher Gorham, Ugly Betty; Allison Mack, Smallville; Sara Rue, Less Than Perfect; Nathan Fillion, Firefly; Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, Supernatural; Wendell Pierce, The Wire; David Hyde Pierce, Fraiser; Matthew Settle and Damian Lewis, Band of Brothers; the cast of Everwood; Clea DuVall and Nick Stahl, Carnivale; Mary Lynn Rajskub and Roger Cross, 24 and Tahmoh Penikett, Battlestar Galactica.

I'm not sure David Hyde Pierce is underrated seeing as he won four Emmy Awards and was nominated every year that Frasier was on the air, but I can certainly get behind most of the others on the list especially Nathan Fillion. Why that guy hasn't taken the Harrison Ford mantle by now is beyond me.

I'd probably add the entire supporting cast of Weeds to that list, along with Arrested Development's Michael Cera, Freakshow's H. Jon Benjamin and The Office's Mindy Kaling.

Any votes out there on who you'd like to see taking up more room on the cover of mags like Entertainment Weekly?

rebecca

Jensen and Jared because Supernatural is a pretty awesome and original show, and they're both damn good at what they do. Yep.

November 06 2006 at 7:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dion

Allison Mack is an amazing actress. She deffinately acts her part well in Smallville. She has improved alot ever since the begining of the first season of that show.

November 06 2006 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dion

November 06 2006 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isobel Swan

I believe that Jensen Ackles (especially) and Jared Padalecki deserve more fame for their roles as Dean and Sam Winchester in 'Supernatural'.

November 05 2006 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrf311978

i think that Supernatural doesnt get enough publicity. it is an awesome show and should be on the cover of magazines more often.

November 04 2006 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SO

Allison Mack is def. at the top of my list, I wouldn't mind seeing her on the big screen and more magazine covers..in fact I'd LOVE it.

November 04 2006 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vickie Aylward

Definately Matthew Settle!! I've even put his name in my Google Alert, because he has so little press...Why!!?? Damian Lewis, too! These two are every bit as talented, and handsome as any of your US weekly, and People Magazine cover boys...and I do mean boys!! Actually, they're more talented! Hollywood thinks we are idiots, and only go to see movies for the stars' box office draw. There's a difference between a movie star, and an actor! Settle and Lewis are actors!!

November 04 2006 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacey

Allison Mack is especially under-appreciated this season. She has bangs and is working her His-Girl-Friday bit.

November 03 2006 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don Zacharias

Some really great suggestions here! I'd like to add Jason Segel ("How I Met Yr Mother"), he is always enjoyable to watch and I think he could carry a show.

I'm so stoked for Helo!!

November 03 2006 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gwin

I would add Kevin Sussman, who plays Walter on Ugly Betty.

November 03 2006 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply