August 27, 2014

Desperate Housewives: Bang

by Jen Creer, posted Nov 5th 2006 11:55PM
desperate housewives(S03E07) Well, are those of you who predicted that Edie was going to get shot tonight disappointed? She is still alive and kicking. In fact, all of the housewives are. But a lot of mysteries about Orson are dead now with poor, demented Caroline Bigsby. Her gun and her lunacy certainly suggest that she could be the one responsible for Alma's and Monique's deaths.

Does anybody actually buy Orson's explanation of how Alma got her bruises? Actually, his last crack about his recommendation to put salt on a wine stain being the reason why Alma decked him does kind of ring true... I still haven't seen any creepy behavior by Orson to Bree since they got married. Creepy behavior? Yes. Just not toward his wife.

Perhaps Mary Alice's line to Lynette at the end should be passed around to Bree, who blames herself for the hostage crisis. The writers did a neat job of getting everybody to the grocery store, and having all of their lives and timelines intersect. The lamest reason for being at the store was probably Lynette's, though her shot about how she hadn't wanted the first four kids but they grew on her anyway was precious. It is nice to see that kind of honesty about motherhood reflected in a popular television show.

Do you think there is going to be much fallout in Lynette's and Tom's relationship because of Nora's death? Did you suspect that Nora was going to be the one killed, or that her infidelity was going to be the reason? I certainly didn't see that coming. I was just hoping that Lynette wouldn't be killed.

Am I the only one who, with all of the destruction occurring between Gabrielle and Carlos, kept thinking, "Who is going to pay for all of that? They need to just demolish that house and move"? Not that the rest of the show is particularly realistic, but to have a War of the Roses-type divorce, I personally believe that you have to have much more of a progression, and also much more intense hatred between the divorcing couple. Nor do I think that after you have invested that much emotion and activity in destroying your house that you suddenly decide to bury the hatchet. Even after your neighbors have been held hostage at the grocery store. But I have never been in that situation, so who knows?

What did you think?

Tata

Omg desperate housewives is back on track, Thankyou to all the great actress's and Marc Cherry restoring it to its originaility and wit that we all fell in love with in season 2, YAH desperate housewives will defintently stand the test of time and overshadow (shudder) Greys Anatomy

December 18 2006 at 8:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cory

well, this episode was so fabulous in so many ways!!! who else can pull off this type of episode? no one!!! the cast was dynamic and so amazing... the whole susan/julie situation was great to be included because it shwos you how much u should treasure your family... i have never been more emotionally attached to these characters ever other than this episode! lynette was amazing and i love how she stood up for herself to carolyn!!!!

November 11 2006 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C Budach

What was that music at the end of the show? Captivating.. It wasnt mentioned on the closing credits. Excellent show, BANG! Really sucked me in, I had to watch it 5 times...

November 08 2006 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula Ringheim

Did anyone notice the woman in the grocery store that had the blue sweater on? She was in the scene with the hostages. My friend and I think it looks exactly like Mary Alice. Did anyone else notice?

November 07 2006 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessyka

OMG Yes! I laughed soooo hard when Nora got shot! I suspected that she would be the one who got shot, but the way it happened was hysterical. "Oh, why didn't you say so?" BANG! Felicity Huffman is such a great actress, she nailed that one. I also loved that Nora was dying and still found it in her heart to call Lynette a crazy bitch. Great stuff.
Also, the cop who went, "Oh yeah, our hostage exchange program," had me in tears. A great episode, not quite up there with the Grey's Anatomy bomb episode, but close.

November 07 2006 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy

WOW. one of the BEST DH eps yet! This season is really kicking ass.

November 07 2006 at 7:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marc James

The part when someone came to the door and Carlos was seen with a chainsaw destroying things had me laughing out loud. Oh sure, just doing some remodeling!

November 06 2006 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

Most boring episode I've seen in a long time. Nora's the kinda chick I'd love to bang and leave. That chick must have been an animal in the sack. She was cute in a trashy way, too. I have expected her to get shot, half expected someome a little closer to the 4 wives to get shot.

Edie getting shot, but surviving, would have proved the most interesting. As much of a bitch as she is to Susan, there's no way Susan would turn her back on Edie. She's too soft.

Am I the only one that laughed like hell when Nora got shot? There was something comical about the whole thing. The causal bang you're dead had me busting a gut.

I had no idea the guy who threw the ice cream at Metcalf was her husband. I always thought Lauire was gay.

November 06 2006 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BigT

I have to agree with the choir. This was an exceptional episode. I'm not sure I was really thinking whether or not Nora was going to die, but the moment when it happened made the title appropos: "BANG". I certainly was as surprised and shocked by the moment as the other hostages appeared to be.

As for Orson being creepy... have we forgotten why Mike was in a coma in the first place? Although his explanations seem to roll off his tongue smoothly, something still ain't right. The fact that he speaks fluent French and know one knows. The fact that he felt compelled to call the police about the affair that Monique had with Mr. Bigsbee. Orson may have killed Monique because he learned she was having an affair with someone, but didn't know who.

He is like the pharmacist that Bree was involved with before... a few cards shy of a full deck with some serious anger triggers.

November 06 2006 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

I have a hard time believing that Nora is REALLY dead. Why does she have to die, she was a great character. Funny and over the top.

November 06 2006 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply