November 24, 2014

Britney Spears files for divorce -- BREAKING NEWS

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 7th 2006 4:48PM
kevin federlineBritney Spears is finally dropping that no-good, talentless husband of hers who brought out her trashiness. People magazine is citing a report from TMZ that Britney has filed for divorce from Kevin "Popozao" Federline. The legal papers claim "irreconcilable differences" and Britney is seeking custody of the couple's two sons, Sean Preston, 1, and Jayden James, who is not quite two months old. Britney and Kevin married in September 2004 and we were all subjected to their 'romance' on their UPN show, Chaotic, the following year.

Hmmm. Britney neglected to mention this news when she "surprised" David Letterman on his show last night. In the meantime, Kevin Federline is out promoting his new album-- I bet he suddenly gets a lot of media interest.

Rachel

I am happy for her. What a creep this guy is. Maybe she dumped him after she read his interview in Entertainment Weekly.

It is sad though... sad that this guy will eventually hook up with someone else and spawn more kids. With all of those baby mamas, he should be promoting his album on the "Maury" show.

November 07 2006 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
No I\'mNotShocked...

No, I'm not shocked about this news. The first time I read about her marriage with K-Fed, I knew that it won't last long. I just got that feeling.

I'm just concerned about her kids. But I think she makes a good move by doing this. Nothing has better with K-Fed.

November 07 2006 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

I don't believe this for a second. She's trying to scare him straight.

November 07 2006 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robby

Since they were only married for two years, shouldn't he only get half of what they acquired in those two years??!

November 07 2006 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Ditto Murphy.

November 07 2006 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Murphy

First Whitney, now Britney. Kudos to both for finally cleaning their acts up. =)

November 07 2006 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

"Irreconcilable differences"... He's a no-talent, white-trash wannabe, and she's...um...

You know, on paper, they really are perfect for one another. But, in the interest of saving us all from another "Popozao," I think it's for the best.

November 07 2006 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mikey the L

Now, I'll make my move.

November 07 2006 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

The way he jumped ship on his last girlfriend and his children with her, did Brit really need to file for custody? I'm sure he forgot the kids names by now.

November 07 2006 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVGenius

I thought she seemed awfully happy on Letterman last night... funny that she's randomly shown up on Letterman twice now around major news...

November 07 2006 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply