April 17, 2014

Fans of The Wire "Jiggle It"

by Julia Ward, posted Nov 7th 2006 2:07PM
Young LeekDid you see The Wire on Sunday night? If not, you can start catching up by reading Michael Canfield's reviews. Then, and only then, can you "jiggle it."

Having just relocated to LA from DC, neighbor to Baltimore, I was psyched to hear a Charm City club shout-out to Young Leek on The Wire. Two killers for hire smoked out a New York City dealer who had invaded their turf by asking everyone they met if they'd heard the Young Leek club hit Jiggle It. "They don't listen to that shit up in New York." The first dude who doesn't know Jiggle It gets popped.

We don't want that to happen to you so here's a link to Leek's MySpace site where you can hear Baltimore fav Jiggle It - one of the most ridiculously infectious club tracks to come out in a long time. Right when I was feeling homesick for DC, The Wire drops a Young Leek track. I love those writers. Now, if I ever hear go-go music on DC-based show, I'll be in heaven.

CBXweb

congrats, I did not read the post correctly. :(

November 08 2006 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CBXweb

Believe it or not, this song has been out for almost over a year.

November 08 2006 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cma3

Being from New York and a HUGE fan of the Wire since day one..my take on this was more about the product placement (by Def Jam, apparently) of really wack rap music not "club music". Chris made it sound like he was talking about dance music or something. The fall of rap music continues.

Nevertheless, I like the way this was implemented into the storyline. And even though I may not like this track or the artist involved, it means nothing because if this is something that Baltimore cats are rockin to, then it was a well planted device.

Either way, I'm with my girl Snoop: "jigga what?" "who da f+++ is young leek???"

word baby.....word.

November 07 2006 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shawn

i guess i'm alone in assuming that this was the most idiotic thing ever. if they really wanted to recognize baltimore they would have asked a new york person a question like who is rod lee or aaron lacrate or ANYONE who actually is BALTIMORE rather than f'n young leek.

November 07 2006 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

I guess anyone who listens to easy-listening or country music stations gets popped.

dwacon

November 07 2006 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Much props to the show for continuing it's trend of being completely awesome. Being a relocated Baltimore native and University of Maryland alum, it was great to hear.

November 07 2006 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply