July 30, 2014

Kirstie Alley, Oprah, and a bikini - VIDEO

by Joel Keller, posted Nov 7th 2006 1:37PM
Kirstie Alley in a bikiniWell, you were warned that this was going to happen: yesterday, the newly-svelte Kirstie Alley came out on the stage of Oprah wearing a bikini. Like I mentioned yesterday, any 55-year-old woman is pretty brave to show her body like that on national television, much less one that dropped enough weight to garner an extra fee at UPS. The pictures of Kirstie that had been floating around lately showed a version of her that hadn't been that thin since she was a contestant on Match Game. But without Photoshop to help her out, what would she look like?

Actually, pretty good. First of all, she used what she called "stripper hose" to sinch her in a bit (she told Oprah she wishes she was able to find hose that went up to her neck). And, of course, Oprah's directors were generous enough to not get too close with the cameras. Oh, and she didn't show her ass, either. But what we did see was a woman who's in pretty good shape. She wasn't as rail-thin as the pictures showed, but it didn't matter; her goal wasn't to get rail-thin, it was to make her feel better about herself. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, that's for sure.

Anyway, judge for yourself; video of the appearance is after the jump.

mary

She looks great. What courage. I'm 51 and need to lose 40 pounds. She is an inspiration.

November 19 2006 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

She looks real good and extremely sexy. I would get with her in second. She definetly gave me a severe woody!!!

November 19 2006 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen

It's somewhat a matter of personal taste. I think she's unattractive at any weight. I think her face is unattractive and weird. She was also annoying on Cheers. At first I thought it was just an annoying character (though the part fit her like a glove). But then she was annoying in movies, Pier One commercials, and mega-annoying in the Jenny Craig commercials.

Yes, she is still fat. You people talking about anorexia make it sound like she's one step away from it. Hardly. She needs to lose another 30-35 lbs before she looks good. And she'd still be miles away from anorexic. Look, she lied. She was way north of 250 when she started, and I'm guessing she's 175ish now.

And all those kudos because she succeeded to the extent that she did? The woman is rich rich rich. She doesn't have to work all the time. She has time and money to buy the best exercise equipment and use it, to hire the best personal trainer, to have personal coaches, etc. Considering all this, I don't understand why she doesn't look better than she does.

November 16 2006 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane Boursaw

I LOVE Kirstie Alley and think she looks great. But she ain't no 145 lbs.

November 14 2006 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
james bond

I wish she did'nt have that damn cape, it was obstructing a magnificient view...plus no rear shot! darn!

November 12 2006 at 5:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

Kirstie is HOTT! Incredible turnaround from just a short time back. Give the woman credit !!

November 11 2006 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Loretta

Kirstie should be proud!! Drop it like it's hot girl!! She looks great at ANY age! Our perception of "True Beauty" as a society is severely warped. Where is it written that you have to be a size 2 to be beautiful?? Or that if you are blessed with great looks, that it is unexceptable to be anything but rail thin?!? Hypercritics!! Fact is, anyone out there replying with negativity is most likely unhappy with themselves in one way or another. Gauranteed! One should be like a diamond in the rough....Shines from the inside out.

November 11 2006 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Dinhofer

Wow, those thighs drove me crazy. I'm hot and bothered.

November 11 2006 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maria

I think Kirstie looked great. It takes a lot of courage to reveal yourself in a bikini at 55 years old. Cheers Kirstie!!! Great job!!!!!

November 11 2006 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annie

Give her credit. She has lost LOTS of weight- no matter WHAT her starting weight was and WHAT she really weighs now. Any 55 year old woman has a lot of guts to wear a bikini. She has worked hard (remember those National Enquirer photos?) but thank goodness she hid her hips. Unfortunately, she does have huge thighs but, if I remember correctly, even in her 'thin' days, she has always had thick legs.

November 11 2006 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply