August 2, 2014

Report: ABC puts Six Degrees on hiatus

by Joel Keller, posted Nov 8th 2006 5:19PM
Six DegreesEntertainment Weekly's web site is reporting that ABC is pulling the troubled show Six Degrees from the schedule for the remainder of November and all of December.

The series, produced by J.J. Abrams, has been in trouble ever since its premiere in the post-Grey's Anatomy slot on Thursday nights, losing over half of it's lead-in's audience. To date, the show has been averaging 9.6 million viewers, which puts it 45th amongst prime-time shows. It has also received a critical drubbing, with many critics calling it boring and self-indulgent. No word on when or if the show will come back to the schedule, or what will replace it in its current timeslot.

This just goes to show that you don't lose half the audience of the number-one show on TV and survive very long, no matter who is producing your show. ABC may have given it a longer leash because of the Abrams pedigree, but the bad ratings were too much for it to ignore.

(UPDATE: According to Variety, ABC will put Men In Trees in the Thursday at 10 timeslot, starting November 30. It has also given Trees a full-season order.)

May

After getting immediately HOOKED on Six Degrees, I got my friends hooked by insisting they watch on my TiVo. They all watched all 6 episodes I had in order all at once! UNANIMOUS - it is the best show we have seen! We all found ourselves wanting the next episode more than our previous fave Grey's. What a letdown! This is worse than getting lost in a great book and not finishing. Anyone out there know how we can contact the decision makers at ABC??? Let's protest! BRING SIX DEGREES BACK ASAP PLLLEEEEEEASE!

January 28 2007 at 3:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
May

I have never looked forward to a show like I did from the first airing of Six Degrees, I TiVoed all episodes and have watched each one several times - something that would bore me with any other show. PLEASE bring it back! If not, can't I buy the remaining episodes somehow??? SOS

January 28 2007 at 3:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alyse

I loved that show, it had a pretty fun cast, and i liked where the plot was going. i hope it comes back!

December 08 2006 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

Other than people, books, chocolate and, my boyfriend, this TV show was the highlight in my week. Not to mention the mountains we live by. The array of characters & intertwined storylines were so fascinating. Would be a definite page-turner I'd have lost sleep on until completely read. I hope the show comes back! My compliments to the entire production team. :)!

December 05 2006 at 2:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diane

It seems like every time they get a good show that I like and keeps me guessing whats' going to happen next they take it off. I just wish the would get it right.

December 01 2006 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katherine H

"Six Degrees" was one of my favorites. Though, I admit that I watched episodes on ABC.com due to too many good shows being on Thursday at 10 PM. However, to put "Men In Trees" in its spot AND order a full season...YAY!! I've liked "Men in Trees" since ep 1.

November 30 2006 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Just like many others I am shocked & upset that a great show like that was taken off. Hopfully the ABC morons will look at our posts & rethink the whole idea of not putting 6 Degrees back in the line up, or if we are lucky some other network will pick 6 Degrees up.

November 30 2006 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TJ, Michigan

ABC stop messing with your line up, it's really getting annoying that shows with such talent get pushed aside. Six Degrees left us hanging with open story lines, just as it was getting interesting it is PULLED! I think we as the viewers should yank the chain of ABC and let them know to stop messing with the 10pm Sunday night slot! You just get hooked then they move your favorite program to a weeknight without notice. Look at Boston Legal with one part of a two part show on Sunday at 10pm then the second part of the two part continuation on TUES??? what a mess? Then men in trees all of a sudden after GREY's is strange!

November 28 2006 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Six Degrees is a brilliant show, with a new twist at each and every curve. It had every capability to be a huge hit for ABC, it had every piece of the puzzle, a good plot, with a great love story intertwined as well as plenty of thrilling action to keep everyone on the edge of their seats,just begging for more, great things take time and are worth developing. ABC you have dissapointed millions and I believe you have made a grave mistake. I hope FOX signs the show on for a new season and slots it with "Men In Trees".

November 28 2006 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
teresa

I am very sad to see this show leave the air. I really liked the show and was getting into all of the story lines. I hate when they take something off without finishing the story. Of corse I loved Alias it was my favorite show I was sick when they cancelled that show. I am not sure ABC is really that in tune with the public.

November 27 2006 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply