September 3, 2014

Final Smith episodes available on Innertube

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 9th 2006 3:37PM
ray liotta; smithThere are seven episodes of Smith up on CBS' broadband channel, Innertube. The series was canceled after only three episodes made air. Presumably, seven episodes are all that were ever made of Smith, an action-drama about a band of robbers, starring Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen. TV Guide said the series was canceled because of meager ratings and an abhorrent price tag of $3 million per episode. I'm not sure whether Smith actually wraps up in the seventh episode- I have the feeling that it'll leave you fans hanging.

I haven't watched all the episodes and don't plan to since I wasn't a fan, but feel free to let us know in comments if it got any better!

[Thanks for the tip, Matt!]

Elizabeth

I have looked EVERYWHERE for the remaining episodes...like the posters above, I'm outside the US.....if anyone can link us canadians to episodes 4,5,6,7 other than innertube, we'd appreciate it.

November 19 2006 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

I loved the show and I think it is great that we can now see some of the remaining episodes - but I have now watched the innertube pilot and they cut out some of my favorite scenes - some of Jeff's time with the bridesmaid's cat etc. and tying it into the house-arrest ankle device. Not sure why they felt they had to re-edit it.

November 16 2006 at 1:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aakash

I have never watched an episode of Smith, but I love the new Innertube service.

I was a bit confused by it at first, because there seem to be a bunch of free video-viewing services that've been proliferating the web off late. I was unsure, at first, whether actual full episodes of popular CBS shows could be viewed, for free on the web. It seemed unusual, for that type of service to be provided, free of charge, for anyone on the web.

After finding out however, that this is indeed the case (though the shows seem to disappear, if you aren't quick enough), I have very much enjoyed this service.

I was wondering though, is there any way to download the episodes, for later viewing (like with Youtube and iTunes)?

November 11 2006 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NavStar

Wish they'd post them on iTunes.

November 10 2006 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan

2. I didn't know that Canada had electricity!

Posted at 4:48PM on Nov 9th 2006 by ToTVorNotToTV

-------------------

Yes and YOUR electricity probably comes from US! You have no idea how much electricity the U.S imports from Canada. So HA! :D

November 10 2006 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV

Smith was a really good show, but I can understand the cancellation. Every episode felt like a movie. The price tag had to be huge.

November 09 2006 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

This was easily my favorite show of the new season. I'm glad to hear that fans can find the show online.

It's too bad more people didn't discover or watch the series. The production values were quite high, and the cast was pretty incredible.

That a show this good can't stay on, while dreck like Deal or No Deal manages to survive simply amazes me.

And the networks wonder why TV audiences are dwindling. This year, in my opinion, had one of the weakest new lineups in recent memory.

November 09 2006 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

Anyone know a way to download these so I can get away from my computer desk to watch them?

November 09 2006 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon88

TWoP-esque synopses of episodes 8-12 are also available from CBS on the show's Web site. Lots of tiny type and several pages apiece. Maybe it's a test to see if anyone is enough of a fan to read through it all and find out how the arc wraps up.

November 09 2006 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

I didn't know that Canada had electricity!

November 09 2006 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply