December 20, 2014

A Charlie Brown Christmas airs November 28

by Adam Finley, posted Nov 14th 2006 6:01PM
a charlie brown christmasApparently the Walgreens across the street from me isn't the only one getting in the Christmas spirit early. This year, Charles Schulz's seminal Christmas classic A Charlie Brown Christmas will air not in December, but on November 28 at 8 pm. After missing It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown this year when it was pre-empted by a midterm election debate, I'm glad I found out about this. I watch A Charlie Brown Christmas every year, but I normally don't start looking for it until December. Last year they actually aired the special twice, so maybe we'll see it again in December, but for now set your DVRs and mark your calendars so you don't miss it. While I enjoy other Christmas specials like Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas still stands out as the most profound and affecting sentiment of the holiday season.

Elliot Meyers

BTW, Nobody seemed to mention. Tonight's broadcast of ACBC (November 28) is on ABC.

November 28 2006 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Happy Easter everyone! I hear the Easter special will be shown in December and the New Year one in March! :)

November 14 2006 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tgrrlily

Yay! Need more pre-holiday cheer? Cyn is reporting that in2tv is airing a limited run of "cartoon and classic sitcom holiday specials and episodes" starting this Thursday (11/16) through December

www.aol.com/in2tv

Merry, merry!!!

xoxo

November 14 2006 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

This is why I'm glad I own these on DVDs. I can watch when they're supposed to be on.

November 14 2006 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TedSez

That's nothing... TBS just showed the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" a few days ago.

November 14 2006 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply