April 23, 2014

Friday Night Lights may move to Sundays

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 14th 2006 8:45PM
friday night lights
The Hollywood Reporter is claiming that NBC execs plan to move Friday Night Lights to Sunday nights once the NFL season is over. The move is a strategic one-- to keep FNL out of the line of fire of Fox's unstoppable American Idol, which begins airing on Tuesday nights in mid-January. Last week, NBC ordered up a full season of FNL, which gets an average of 6.7 million viewers each Tuesday night.

This schedule change is reportedly one of many, as the New York Times and The Hollywood Reporter now both say that NBC is planning a major schedule overhaul for January (NYT says the new schedule will be announced this week). Also slated to move is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, which currently festers at 10 pm on Monday nights.

j. Hamm

I don't care when it airs As long as it is NOT cancelled. I LOVE THE SHOW!!!

March 31 2007 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
helen

i love this show first off and aring it on sunday is the best idea because im at work all day long and i always miss it and im really upset about that

December 28 2006 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Can I put this show out of its misery. I have a shotgun, just let me take it out back, please!!! After they cancelled Kidnapped to hell with NBC, with the exception of (Heroes and Studio 60).

November 15 2006 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Cohen

gah, too many acronyms in that post!

FNL is a nice piece of television, but I want to see more about the nice people struggling, namely the rookie-QB and the coach, rather than the jerks having a hard time not being famous enough.

November 15 2006 at 1:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

That's a good idea. I hate the idea of it on Fridays, even even the name, because Fridays are the dead zone for TV mostly.

November 14 2006 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply