September 2, 2014

Two-part interview with OJ Simpson to air on FOX

by Adam Finley, posted Nov 15th 2006 1:03PM

oj simpsonI think it would do our collective conscience good not to try and figure out why it is OJ Simpson felt it was wise to write a book titled If I Did It, Here's How It Happened. That's like trying to wrap your mind around what happened before the Big Bang: before you know it you've gazed so deeply into your navel that the universe begins to fold in on itself and suddenly you're in limbo chatting with versions of yourself from various parts of time and space. If you want to dive into that particular rabbit hole, go right ahead, but I need to preserve my mind for better things.

Here's the deal: Simpson wrote a book that gives a hypothetical account of how he would have committed the murders had he actually done it. Of course, many believe he really did do it, and if that's the case, then the book was probably really easy to compose. Write what you know, that's what my English teachers always told me.

On November 27 at 9 pm, OJ will sit down for an interview about his book on FOX (the second half of the interview will air at the same time on November 29). The interview will be conducted by Judith Reagan, founder of Reagan Books, which is owned by News Corp., so I'm sure it will be especially objective, and not a cheap ploy to sell his book.

Melissa

i'm pretty sure his "dream team" of defense lawyers wiped him out financially and the families were awarded more than o.j. had. i believe he still owed the families, but now i'm thinking maybe there's a statute of limitations on that, which would have expired by now.

November 28 2006 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

didn't the brown family and the goldman family win a monetary sum in the wrongful death civil suit against the juice? if so i would think their lawyers will be going after any profit he's making from this book.

November 28 2006 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Laou

As I long time Fox News viewer, I will only watch the OJ Simpson, "How I Murdered My Wife and GOT AWAY WITH IT", so I can BOYCOTT the sponsors....then I will never watch Fox News again!
I hope thousands will do the same.

November 17 2006 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barb Bain

So, I agree. Fo TV, Regan, and of course OJ himself are all slime balls. But where can we get the names of the advertisers for this PARTICULAR show? Huh? Tell me that! Quick!

November 17 2006 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harold sharpe

1. none of the money is going to the goldmans.
2. we need to stop murderers from profiting. fox needs to be stopped.
3. we need to contact all fox advertisers and let them know how we feel and let them know if they continue to advertise on fox we arent buying.
4. if we boycott fox advertisers now this will not get on the air.

November 16 2006 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harold sharpe

1. none of the money is going to the goldmans.
2. we need to stop murderers from profiting. fox needs to be stopped.
4. if we boycott fox advertisers now this will not get on the air.

November 16 2006 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Quick correction: It's Judith Regan, of Regan Books. And she's quite a character.

November 16 2006 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FlagPatrick

I agree... OJ is a crazy bastard to pitch the idea, but its FOX who is a piece filth that wants to air it! They know it will garner ratings and it will. Because is filled with Morons who will watch this and the next day chastise OJ. I was watching FOX News yesterday because "they care" about America! They really couldn't say much COZ THEIR NETWORK IS PUTTING THIS SHIT ON! AHAHAHA! They're all a bunch of freaking hypocrits!

November 16 2006 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Can only wonder what is more pathetic that O.J. is doing this? Or that fox is actually gonna air this crap.

November 16 2006 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

Thanks for the catch, Mike. :)

November 15 2006 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply