September 30, 2014

Watch classic Hanna Barbera shorts online

by Adam Finley, posted Nov 19th 2006 6:10PM

atom antHannaBarbera.com has an awesome new broadband site called Saturday Morning Forever where you can watch classic episodes of Huckleberry Hound, Pixie and Dixie, Wacky Races, Touche Turtle, Snagglepuss, Quick Draw McGraw, Yogi Bear and whatever new stuff they add each week. Right now I'm watching Huckleberry Hound try to slay a dragon. It's been ages since I've seen a Huckleberry Hound cartoon, and I had forgotten how much Daws Butler's slow, lingering drawl makes me crack up. It's one of those voices that makes everything sound funny, and the funny stuff sound even funnier. It looks like I've found yet another reason to sit at my computer all day.

I also recommend you check out the "Originals," which consist of classic clips with new dialogue dubbed in. Watch "Moby Dick Remixed," it's hysterical.

[via Pop Candy]

Mr. P

Bah, ignore the haters on this, it's awesome. Obviously they grew up in the 90's and don't have an appreciation for what Saturday mornings used to be like. This is a cool idea and I hope more studios do it, thanks to the internet I've beena able to watch things again that I hadn't seen in 20+ years. And thanks for the link, if you find anything else like this pleast post it!

November 20 2006 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

"I will interpret your use of the term "classic" to mean that it sucked back then and sucks just a little bit less now."

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

November 20 2006 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Hah, Moby Dick Remixed was a hoot! I wish I had time to check out a few more clips right now, but maybe later. Just looking at the selection of clips brings back old memories.

I have to disagree with Dwacon and fitzthecat. Personally, I can't stand what passes for entertainment on Adult Swim, but usually just keep those kinds of comments to myself. I like the old cartoon clips, they don't, and Adam, you seem to like it all. You must be a real animation junkie, which I was at one time, but now I'm more into studying for my Professional Curmudgeon test.

November 20 2006 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

This is the sort of stuff that would require a Clockwork Orange eye setup to get me to watch.

November 20 2006 at 6:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

I'd rather see Harvey Birdman...

dwacon