April 24, 2014

HBO extends Sopranos final season

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Nov 20th 2006 6:33PM

The Sopranos: Season 6, Part 1By one episode. Hey, it's better than nothing! This was confirmed by Steve Schirripa over the weekend while he was being interviewed at the recent Comic Relief show. Schirripa, who plays Bobby Baccala, didn't have much to say other than the first six episodes are done and he's still alive and kicking.

So this means that the second half of the HBO mob drama's sixth and final season will have nine episodes instead of eight. The series returns on April 8 (wouldn't surprise me in the least if that changed again) and if you're looking to play catch up you can see the first half of the season right now on HBO OnDemand. Either that or you can check out the DVD, which just came out recently. Whichever method you choose, prepare to be let down. I know myself, along with plenty of other Sopranos fans, were sorely disappointed with the first 12 episodes of this season. Here's to hoping that the final nine are worth the wait.

[via Celebrity Week]

Gadovio

So... there's no more episodes? I just finished watching season 6, ep 21, and not that it wasn't great, but it leaves off with so many loose ends. Does sil recover? Is he a vegetable? Does Tony get offed while eating a pleasant meal with his family? Why was Meadow rushing to meet them for dinner, looking obviously frustrated? Would it be so bad for one more episode to be produced? Maybe even a movie that wraps up the series, or takes place many years down the road and shows whats become of the family. Basically, I need some more sopranos, and rewatching the old episodes just won't cut it.

March 14 2009 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric51987

The 2nd part of Season Six is airing April 8th, 2007

And damn right there is more to come YM2 they couldnt end the season that gay.

But Part 1 of Season 6 wasnt that good

Seasons 1-5 kicked ass.

2 and 5 will always be the best though

April 07 2007 at 4:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YM2149

dont know what is this about "parts"
but i watched last episode of season 6
where they celebrated x-mas and all that shit

so is this last episode/season or they will make
more to come ?

January 13 2007 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

When is this season going to air???

January 04 2007 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie

i dont think that the season was all that great either but please keep in mind that on average we are waiting 2 years to see a season so you figure it better be worth the wait and when it is not people give up on it but keep in mind part 2 is coming soon and true loyal fans like my self who have watched since day 1 can not wait and that is the problem there making us wait way too long but i am still a true fan

December 11 2006 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Part 1 of season Six was average. David Chase screwed up with episodes "Johnny Cakes", "Moe n'Joe" and obviously Kaisha. Season 5 was a thriller along with two. And will Carmela shut up about her fuckin spec house!

December 10 2006 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevin

please please keep them coming us in britland love it and to all you that are loosing faith bada bing bada bong

December 02 2006 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

I hate to say it but I've lost interest. They had a great fifth season, and I couldn't wait for the beginning of the sixth season, then two+ years passed, I caught the first two episodes, and realized I didn't care anymore. Haven't returned since. Maybe I catch it on DVD someday.

November 21 2006 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I have no inside knowledge and this is just a guess, but I have to get it in print in case it turns out later that I'm right:

Adriana's in the foundation of the spec house.

November 21 2006 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

Honestly. Season Six, Part 1 is not that bad. I hope people who have yet to see it can watch it with an open mind. People generally come into this show with incredibly high expectations & when it doesn't go the way they anticipated, they turn on it. Also, I think people struggle with the show because it doesn't always ask us to like the characters (sometimes it doesn't even want us to like the characters). This season showed almost all of them in a very pathetic light. These are people who deep down may want to change, but can't (Near death can't change Tony, the lure of money can't keep Vito from escaping death & starting a new life, impending fatherhood can't keep Christopher from his inevitable doom from drugs, a spec home can't stop Carmela from finally becoming a typical mob wife/zombie, etc.).
This season is full of things to savor. Don't give up on it yet.

November 21 2006 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply