November 26, 2014

Playboy's Girls Next Door get the greenlight

by Julia Ward, posted Nov 22nd 2006 1:07PM
Girls Next DoorE! Entertainment Television has given the greenlight to a third season of The Girls Next Door, a behind-the-scenes look at life inside the Playboy Mansion with Hef and his three girlfriends Holly, Bridget and Kendra. To no one's surprise, the show is the E! Network's most popular.

Unfortunately for the girls, they may have to up the ante. Former Playmate and Mansion resident Izabella St. James is on the verge of releasing a tell-all book about what really goes on inside the Playboy Mansion. Try not to be too shocked, readers, but it involves s-e-x.

St. James reported to News of the World:

"Anything goes in that place. It's everything you ever imagined and worse - Leonardo [DiCaprio], Owen [Wilson] and Colin [Farrell] were the girls' favorites.

Leo [would] practically live at the mansion. I lost count of the times I saw him at the end of a bash bundling five or six girls into the back of a limo to take back to his house. Leo loved to sneak into the grounds with them and have sex on the benches in the undergrowth next to the monkey enclosures. Matthew Perry from Friends liked that, too."

Alright, girls next door, I don't want to see any more of these freaking puppy birthday parties or hear about your UCLA "communications" classes. Holly, get over making Hef your husband. It ain't gonna happen. Ask Barbi Benton. Here's the deal, ladies. Don't think you can tease your way into a fourth season. It's time to bring out the big guns. We want to see some hardcore celebrity humping - often, with abandon and preferably by the "monkey enclosures."

emily

Does anyone know where you can watch this show online, apart from YouTube and E! Online?

February 19 2007 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie

I love this show. Like #1 above, I don't really know why, except that's it's so entertaining & such a different lifestyle from mine and anyone else I know. I totally crack up each time Kendra talks -- and her laugh! I just shake my head so often watching the show - like the bobbleheads at the beginning. Can't wait to go to the Playboy Club someday at The Palm. Just wish I could have access to Hef's suite - oh my god, what a party that could be!!!!

November 25 2006 at 1:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geoffrey

I agree with #1. This is like the only show I have to watch on E!

November 22 2006 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

It had me at "Olive Garden is the sh*t!"

November 22 2006 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen

I like the show. I like it a lot. Kendra is as dumb as a brick but it's funny. I like Holly and Bridget a lot. My favorite part of the show is when their heads bobble during the show's opening sequence.

November 22 2006 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacey

I'm addicted to this show.

I don't really know why. I just started watching it one day because there was nothing else on, and I got hooked, lol.

November 22 2006 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Heh, I have to agree, but I doubt we will see anything close to what actually does go on there. I doubt that the cameras are there 24/7 and are only there for certain planned events. I mean we know they throw a party each week (said in the 1st season) and that there are a ton of bigger parties (halloween, mid summer night's dream, etc...) but we really don't see much of that. But they do need to do more with the show. I find it very funny that this season Kendra was made out to be a total idiot and after we learned that Bridget was getting her Masters Degree she was made out smarter. But the "Kendra likes sports, Bridget likes to theme everything and Holly wants a kid" story line needs to stop. Show the parties.

November 22 2006 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply