July 25, 2014

3 Lbs is canceled

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 30th 2006 7:22AM
stanley tucci; 3 lbsNo official word from CBS yet, but Broadcasting & Cable reports that it's all over for 3 lbs after only three airings. CBS launched the show, which many considered a rip-off of House, after it canceled Smith. The network actually hoped that House would provide some ratings for the show in the same way that Grey's Anatomy viewers have flipped over to ER on NBC. No such luck, though. 3 lbs actually did worse than its predecessor. Ratings for 3 lbs were 16% lower than Smith. Ouch!

I actually liked the premiere of 3 lbs, but I never remembered to watch the subsequent episodes. Starting next week, CBS will fill the 10 pm Tuesday time slot with reruns of one of its many procedural dramas.

Karen Robison

I really like the show, I watched all three episodes and was looking forward to more. Not even like House, it was better, Every time there is a good show that I really like, it gets canceled, without even a chance!!!!! Bring it back!!!!

January 17 2007 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betsi

I watched all three episodes and loved it. Why, why, why not give the show a little more time to gather a following? I think that it would!

December 09 2006 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trevor

The show didn't take advantage of the talented actors.

November 30 2006 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
apainter

Whoa. I didn't even realized this had premiered yet. I remembered seeing the ads for it but had no clue it was on yet. I thought it was coming in January or something.

November 30 2006 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Wow. That was fast. I watched all three episodes and thought that it was good.

At first I thought is was going to be another McCheezy Grey's - then I thought it was going to be a House rip-off. It was neither. But they got a lot of press about it.

November 30 2006 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse

ARGH! I'm MAD! First they cancelled "Smith", which I really liked, then they cancelled "3 lbs" which is another one I really liked. Seems like new shows that I liked kept on getting cancelled. *sigh*

November 30 2006 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JustMe

Smith was just a much better show. That they cancelled Smith after 3 episodes makes me not want to watch TV in general. It's too bad it didn't appear on HBO, because it could have lasted a while there.

November 30 2006 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie

This was definitely a case of "good cast, bad show" so I'm not surprised it's already been yanked. I was looking forward to it because my love for Stanley Tucci knows no bounds, but I thought the pilot was mediocre and I didn't watch again after seeing the initial low ratings. Why get invested in a show I didn't love when it's not performing well? Here's hoping the cast find better projects soon.

November 30 2006 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

The CBS web site says Tuesday, 12/5, 3 Lbs will air at a Special Time ... you sure they're not just trying to shake things up a bit?

And I agree - CBS did an awful job promoting this show. I hope it doesn't get canceled - it really is smart and funny.

November 30 2006 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

NO!!! I like this show!! Why do they always have to pull the plug on shows that are good? This last episode was the best one yet, and I was expecting more to come. I think Stanley Tucci's character is great. He actually showed he had some sense of caring towards the woman with the aneurysm. I think they need to make a tv channel for cancelled shows, so that people who like them can still watch them. I only watched one episode of Smith, and never really got into it, but others did, and still could watch those on Innertube. I hope they do the same with this show. I realize ratings are important to the networks, but quality television programs should be the priority. Alas, this show will fall into the pit with my other favorites, Joan of Arcadia, and The Brotherhood of Poland New Hampshire.

November 30 2006 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply