November 23, 2014

NBC shuffles its mid-season schedule

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 30th 2006 11:31AM
nbc logoWell, it's not the big announcement I had hoped for. NBC is reorganizing its post-football schedule, but it's only shuffling a few things and adding some other stuff to the open slots on its schedule. So far, only Sunday and Wednesday nights are changing:

Sundays (starting Jan. 7)
8 pm: Grease: You're The One That I Want
9 pm: The Apprentice
10 pm: Crossing Jordan

Wednesdays (starting Jan. 3)
8 pm: Friday Night Lights
9 pm: Deal or No Deal
10 pm: Medium

As we reported earlier, Dateline NBC is taking Friday Night Lights' slot on Tuesdays. NBC is also adding mid-season dramas Raines and The Black Donnellys, which will share a Monday night time period with Studio 60 to avoid repeats. Raines' slot is not known. New comedies The Singles Table (starring Alicia Silverstone), and Andy Barker, P.I. (starring Andy Richter) are also supposed to appear somewhere on the mid-season schedule.

You can watch NBC's First Look at all the new mid-season shows.

rtms

I'm just glad to see CJ back on Sundays at it's old time slot. I think it stands a good chance of beating Brothers and Sisters.

November 30 2006 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidhales

Yay, Crossing Jordan finally has a premiere date for season 6.

November 30 2006 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

"Dateline" is good counter-programming to "American Idol," I guess. What else can you do?

Does "Idol" usually run the Wednesday results show at 9 Eastern? If that's the case, it explains why NBC put "Friday Night Lights" at 8 and "Deal or No Deal" at 9.

If the "Idol" results show winds up at 8, I bet NBC flips "FNL" to 9.

November 30 2006 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I agree Jim. I wonder if the channel would get higher ratings if some of use were put in charge, nah I know we would.

November 30 2006 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

You're right, Heroes would be a much better lead-in for Medium than it is for Studio 60.

And what's the point of even moving Friday Night Lights if you're going to keep it at 8 p.m.? Why not air Deal or No Deal at 8, followed by FNL, that way some of the retards that watch game shows might accidentally stumble onto it.

November 30 2006 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

I don't know who is programming over at NBC but they have always been going against what is good for them. It's sad because they have the shows but not the programming skill -- Why think they that Friday night lights will perform better on Wed at 8 -- another death slot than the current one is beyond me.

November 30 2006 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Why the fuck isn't Studio 60 and Medium switching places? How fucking dumb can NBC be?!?!

November 30 2006 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply