November 24, 2014

Fox launches a campaign to 'Save The O.C.'

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 1st 2006 6:29PM
the ocIt's no secret that The O.C. is in trouble. It consistently ranks #4 up against tough competition on Thursday nights and it lost its star, Mischa Barton, at the end of last season. Now, Fox has taken the unusual step of launching its own campaign to save The O.C. from cancellation. There's a petition, or 'loyalty oath' on Fox's website. It doesn't directly say that The O.C. is in danger of cancelation, but it does say "not enough people out there have come back to Newport this season" and "good shows deserve to be watched." It asks visitors to sign a 'loyalty oath' that they will ignore all interruptions and watch The O.C. on Thursdays at nine. The whole thing is done a little tongue-in-cheek, but only a little. So far there are more than 71,000 'signatures' but that's probably not nearly enough to 'Save The O.C.', if it really does need saving.

[Via PopCandy]

Kirsty x

i dont actualy understand why so many people hate it its the best show that could have actualy come on to the tv screens and i think it should carry on! if you dont like it fine no need to say stuff like

"Face it Fox, the show is doing horrible."

and

" Lame show, should have been cancelled years ago. Good riddance to it. If only American Idol could follow the same path....."

&& if you do like it like mee.. then you might aswell try and save it [try atleast!] so people who say its the worst show every then why did you come and look about it in the first place?

February 24 2007 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy

I think this is a stupid move for Fox. The OC is by far the best show they have, but the time slot sucks. I don't have any reason to ever watch Fox now. I know of atleast 15 other people that feel the same way. I love The OC!! They will always have my heart! I hope the CW will pick it up!

February 21 2007 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

It Doesnt Get Better Than The Oc Its Just THat Simple and all you people who like to say how bad it is obviousley dont watch it cuz its amazing and i cant believe its going ....please go to fox and sign the petition theres only 381 000 signatures!

January 06 2007 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephanie

I am so sad. WHen Marissa died, I thought this is the end and why bother watching a show that is bad now anyway .. then I watched one episode from this season .. Josh has really outdone himself . THis is the BEST season yet! I love this season . it is unexpected and seriou .. yet hilarious at the same time. There is no reason to cancel this show. The only reason the ratings are down is because of all the other shows that are on other networks at the same time. If Fox had premiered The OC with the rest of the lineup when they announce FOx Fall .. then there would be no problem .. now what fox needs to do is move the OC to another day .. Wednesday for example. One day earlier in the week .. works for me. PLease don't cancel my favorite show. There is not another show like this with this great of actors and storylines!!
PLease Please PLease ..SAVE THE OC !!

January 05 2007 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ali

Fox is being really stupid. I don't care what anyone thinks the O.C. is the best show out there I haven't missed an episode since the day that it aired. I look forward to it every week that its on. They need to save this show i don't watch a lot of t.v. only the O.C. Because I just haven't been able to get in to anything else because tv sucks anymore.Except for the O.C.

January 05 2007 at 2:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charles Taylor

I was just reading and came acrose the information that you maybe cancelling O.C.. Please tell me this is not true.
Around our house no one calls, visits or does anything to interup O.C. Have watched from the 1st one.

December 21 2006 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

I love the show. I thought that it wouldn't be that good since Barton was killed off but I think the writters are doing a wonderful job. I look foward to the O.C. every week. Keep up the good work.

December 20 2006 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

Please don't cancel the OC!! It's the only show I bother to watch ...

December 12 2006 at 12:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandy

Last week's OC was one of the most enjoyable hours of television I've watched in a long time. Please, oh please, Fox don't cancel the show!

December 11 2006 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phatman

Good, I've been forced to watch this crappy show with my girlfriend a few too many times.

December 05 2006 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply