The Five: Characters I'd like to meet under the mistletoe (II)
Once again, my list is limited to male characters who are currently on television shows. So, for example, Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Pacey Witter (Joshua Jackson) cannot be included. Leave your own list in comments!
5. Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) Law & Order SVU How huggably soft is Elliot this season? He ended last season by practically falling head-over-heels in love with his partner, Olivia. When things started to get weird, she disappeared and he was left with a broken heart. Then, Dani came in and gave him hope. The barely got to make out before she left, too. Now he's nursing a broken heart and Olivia is back and everything is weird again. This guy definitely needs a little snuggle time under the mistletoe-- plus, did you notice his smokin' hot body in "Confrontation" earlier this season? Yowza.
4. Jack (James Tupper) Men in Trees The sex appeal here is the mystery that surrounds Jack the Mountain Man. He has a tattoo on his shoulder that says 'Lynn', but he won't talk about her. I think what I find most appealing about Jack is how he seems like he could protect me from a charging grizzly bear.
3. Jack (Matthew Fox) Lost This Jack is a last-minute addition to this year's list of hot guys. He wouldn't have made it if it weren't for his actions in the fall finale where he slices Ben/Henry Gale's kidney during surgery in order to save Kate. I stood up and cheered after he punched one of The Others and took control of his own destiny. He basically turned into a bad ass and that's extremely hot. Speaking of bad asses...
2. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) Lost Sawyer has slipped a notch from #1 last year to #2 this year. It's mainly because he's bordering on pathetic with his love for Kate. I found their sex scene in the fall finale to be not at all gratifying, even though I'd been rooting for those two to hook up.
1. Jim (John Krasinski) The Office Jim moves to the top spot from #4 last year because... seriously... how hot did he become over the past year? Jim put his heart on the line by telling Pam that he is in love with her and then he kissed her! She rejected him both times and he limped away to the Dunder-Mifflin branch in Connecticut with his tail between his legs. I think one thing that is so appealing about Jim is that he gets it. There are all these weird people around him, but Jim is on the same brainwave as the viewers. Whenever he looks at the camera, it's as though he's sharing an inside joke with us. Plus, he's super sweet. By the way, John Krasinski made People magazine's Top 15 Sexiest Men Alive this year. So the secret is out!
Honorable mention: Samuel Anders (Michael Trucco) Battlestar Galactica Kara's husband was super sexy for the first few episodes, but now he seems to be off the show entirely.
Off the list:
Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano) Without a Trace I am so very annoyed with the dumb storyline that Danny has happening this season. His little crush on his co-worker is pathetic. It's only being played out in longing looks and glances on his part. He seems desperate and that is so not attractive.
Sayid (Naveen Andrews) Lost Sayid's sexy factor has not diminished, but his role in Lost has. We haven't had much Sayid since last fall so... out of sight, out of mind.
Derrick Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) Grey's Anatomy I am so over Grey's Anatomy.