September 1, 2014

The Five: Characters I'd like to meet under the mistletoe (II)

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 1st 2006 9:08AM
christopher meloni; elliot stablerI had so much fun making this list last year that I decided to update it for 2006. Here's how it goes: I choose the five television characters I'd like to meet the mistletoe, if you get my drift. Several fellas have fallen off the list since last year, while new ones have been added. I learned a lot about myself while making this list: I basically go for guys who are emotionally injured or bad asses-- but only slightly bad ass, like Sawyer on Lost and not totally wacko like Tommy on Rescue Me.

Once again, my list is limited to male characters who are currently on television shows. So, for example, Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Pacey Witter (Joshua Jackson) cannot be included. Leave your own list in comments!

5. Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) Law & Order SVU How huggably soft is Elliot this season? He ended last season by practically falling head-over-heels in love with his partner, Olivia. When things started to get weird, she disappeared and he was left with a broken heart. Then, Dani came in and gave him hope. The barely got to make out before she left, too. Now he's nursing a broken heart and Olivia is back and everything is weird again. This guy definitely needs a little snuggle time under the mistletoe-- plus, did you notice his smokin' hot body in "Confrontation" earlier this season? Yowza.

james tupper4. Jack (James Tupper) Men in Trees The sex appeal here is the mystery that surrounds Jack the Mountain Man. He has a tattoo on his shoulder that says 'Lynn', but he won't talk about her. I think what I find most appealing about Jack is how he seems like he could protect me from a charging grizzly bear.

3. Jack (Matthew Fox) Lost This Jack is a last-minute addition to this year's list of hot guys. He wouldn't have made it if it weren't for his actions in the fall finale where he slices Ben/Henry Gale's kidney during surgery in order to save Kate. I stood up and cheered after he punched one of The Others and took control of his own destiny. He basically turned into a bad ass and that's extremely hot. Speaking of bad asses...

2. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) Lost Sawyer has slipped a notch from #1 last year to #2 this year. It's mainly because he's bordering on pathetic with his love for Kate. I found their sex scene in the fall finale to be not at all gratifying, even though I'd been rooting for those two to hook up.

john krasinski1. Jim (John Krasinski) The Office Jim moves to the top spot from #4 last year because... seriously... how hot did he become over the past year? Jim put his heart on the line by telling Pam that he is in love with her and then he kissed her! She rejected him both times and he limped away to the Dunder-Mifflin branch in Connecticut with his tail between his legs. I think one thing that is so appealing about Jim is that he gets it. There are all these weird people around him, but Jim is on the same brainwave as the viewers. Whenever he looks at the camera, it's as though he's sharing an inside joke with us. Plus, he's super sweet. By the way, John Krasinski made People magazine's Top 15 Sexiest Men Alive this year. So the secret is out!

Honorable mention: Samuel Anders (Michael Trucco) Battlestar Galactica Kara's husband was super sexy for the first few episodes, but now he seems to be off the show entirely.

Off the list:

Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano) Without a Trace I am so very annoyed with the dumb storyline that Danny has happening this season. His little crush on his co-worker is pathetic. It's only being played out in longing looks and glances on his part. He seems desperate and that is so not attractive.

Sayid (Naveen Andrews) Lost Sayid's sexy factor has not diminished, but his role in Lost has. We haven't had much Sayid since last fall so... out of sight, out of mind.

Derrick Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) Grey's Anatomy I am so over Grey's Anatomy.

Katherine

My Five: Characters I'd Like to Meet Under The Mistletoe (II)

5. Lucky Spencer (Greg Vaughan) General Hospital - I loved him as sexy neighbor Dan in Charmed but Piper stupidly chose Leo. Bad for her, good for me! :D
4. Clark Kent (Tom Welling) Smallville - normally I don't like guys who are prettier than I am but Tom is so damn sexy and those lips just speak to me!
3. Trevor Langan (Peter Hermann) Law and Order: SVU - tall, dark and frickin' handsome!
2. Elliot Stabler (Chris Meloni) Law and Order: SVU - he's hot, he's angry, and despite the fact that he's not supposed to feel things for his partner, Olivia Benson, it's incredibly sexy because we know he has them!! And those dimples are killer!
1. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) Lost - ditto on the dimples and i love his devil-may-care screw-you attitude. ay caramba.

December 19 2006 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

My list (always subject to change):

#1 Detective Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) Law & Order: CI

#2 Timothy Olyphant (Seth Bullock) Deadwood

#3 Dylan Walsh (Sean McNamara) Nip/Tuck

#4 Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) 24

#5 Anthony LaPaglia (Jack Malone) Without a Trace

December 14 2006 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Only 5?

Ok, here's my list (subject to change at any time):

5) John "JD" Dorian (Zach Braff, Scrubs) - there's just something endearing about this geek that has compelled me to watch this show since the beginning.

4) Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring, Veronica Mars) - especially now that he's buffed up big time!

3) Lincoln Burrows (Dominic Purcell, Prison Break) - Never has a man on death row been this hot since Keller (Chris Meloni) on OZ.

2) Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber, Battlestar Galactica) - can I get into a boxing ring with him?

1) Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland, 24) - interrogation under the mistletoe! "Dammit, tell me what I need to know ... or I'll kiss you".

December 12 2006 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy

Okay - Anna, your top three gave me chills! I thought it was fantastic! I have a top 10 in no particular order...

*Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor)from How I Met Your Mother: He's a hopeless romantic and wants to be in love so badly, but not in an annoying way...

*Dr. Robert Chase (Jesse Spencer) from House: It's the accent that does it for me.

*Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) from 24: I know he is no longer on the show, but the way he loved his wife was so sweet. It made me wish I were his wife.

*"McDreamy" (Patrick Dempsey) from Grey's Anatomy: If not for the tub scene this year and his puppy dog eyes, he would not have made my list.

Okay ... so the top 6 are my top 6, but still in no order...

*Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) from Grey's Anatomy: His sensitive side has come out from that rough exterior just enough to make him irresistable.

*Dr. Jack Shephard (Matthew Fox) from LOST: The way he loves Kate is so sweet, it just makes me want to hug him.

*Seth Cohen (Adam Brody) from The O.C.: Anyone who can make me laugh like that and love his girlfriend as much as he does is okay in my book.

*James Ford "Sawyer" (Josh Holloway) from LOST: TAKE MY BREATH AWAY. He is just down right sexy. Make-my-breath-catch-in-my-throat sexy. WOW.

*Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) from The Office: I have no words - he's just adorable and sexy and funny all at the same time.

*Ben Covington (Scott Speedman) from Felicity: Ok, Ok. So this show has been off the air, what? 4, 5 years now? That's how attracted I am to Ben Covington. He lived his life believing he was a screw up until he met Felicity who made him believe in himself and fall in love with her all at the same time.

December 06 2006 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EiK

This comment about hottest will probably sound weird and funny considering that the guy is rather old, not particularly hot in a conventional sense and is not on the show that much... but Donnelly Rhodes, who plays the doctor on Battlestar Galactica, cracks me up... and someone who makes me laugh turns me on. (And that dude makes me laugh on shows that are not even supposed to be funny, like the now-defunct Canadian medical examiner show, DaVinci's Inquest... and I laughed on shows that were funny and featured him, like Soap.)

December 05 2006 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Georgia

Danny Lucas - Vanished
Tom Nicholson - Justice
Danny McCoy - Las Vegas
Seely Booth - Bones
Dr. Spencer Reid - Criminal Minds

Alternate: Stephen Colbert - in interviews, he says he's just playing a character! lol!

December 02 2006 at 2:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john.

Stabler is on the top of my list. I have the hots for him since Oz.

1.Chris Meloni
2.Matthew Fox
3.Jason Ackles
4.Josh Duhamel

December 01 2006 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keever

Michael Trucco's not gone -- he's on tonight's episode of Battlestar Galactica for sure.

December 01 2006 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debby

I'm not greedy - just give me Grissom 24/7!

December 01 2006 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

Well, I have to agree with you on two things, Anna.
1. I like the bad asses too, they are just so tempting =)
2. I think Pacey Witter should count, since he is still on in reruns and he really is that good-looking!

But, I guess on to my list:

Seth Cohen (The O.C.) - he is so nerdy, it makes him hot
* on a side note, I never thought Ryan Atwood was really hot, until this season. Wow, it is amazing how different he is when he talks!

Matt Alby (Studio 60) - a little less "Chandlerish" may him SO CUTE =)

Tim Riggins (Friday Night Lights) - he pretty much sums up the "bad boy with a dream" thing that always works for me

Matt Flannery(?) (Ron Livingston, Standoff)- I had it in for him ever since he was Berger on SATC

Derrek Sheppard - I just can't get enough Patrick Dempsey, I have a crush on him since I saw Can't Buy Me Love

December 01 2006 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply