September 3, 2014

ABC re-airing A Charlie Brown Christmas this month

by Adam Finley, posted Dec 4th 2006 7:01PM

charlie brown christmasJust like last year, ABC is airing A Charlie Brown Christmas twice this year. If you missed it when it aired late last month, you can catch it again on ABC on Sunday, December 17 at 7 pm. I recorded the special when it aired in November but haven't yet gotten around to watching it. When I do finally get time to sit and watch it, I'll do my usual ritual of dousing the lights, unplugging the phone and immersing myself in the special as I've done every year since I was a kid. I could purchase the DVD, but I have no interest in that. I like keeping this special tied to the holiday season, it's like a gift I get to unwrap and enjoy at the end of every year. I only wish ABC had also re-aired It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, since my local station moved it to 3 am so they could air some insipid midterm election debate.

nikky

oh thank goodness!!! i would be lost if it wasn't coming on again.

December 06 2006 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

December 05 2006 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

Adam, that's one of those smart ass remarks, as see you next year, when you leave someone New Years Eve.

December 05 2006 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

"Aired last month...it was a week ago."

A week ago was last month.

December 05 2006 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Yeah, but if ABC likes to cut stuff out of the specials (like Snoopy alternately dancing/crying to Schroeder's piano in The Great Pumpkin) when they broadcast them, so they can fit in more commercials.

Tacky beyond words.

December 05 2006 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

Wah-wah wah wah waaaaah...? Wa-wa-WAH! :)

December 05 2006 at 2:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

Aired last month...it was a week ago.

December 04 2006 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Brant

For a funny twist on Charlie Brown Christmas check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AC3sZB-v7Q

December 04 2006 at 9:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply