October 22, 2014

ABC bumps Lost to 10 pm

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 5th 2006 8:11PM
lostWhen it returns from a 13-week hiatus, Lost will have a new time slot. ABC has bumped the sci fi/drama back one hour to 10 pm. The reasoning behind this, according to Variety, is the unstoppable power that is American Idol. Lost has consistently finished second to CBS's Closer to Home Criminal Minds this fall and apparently ABC can't stomach the thought of coming in third during the 9 pm hour on Wednesday nights. Last year, Lost took a pretty big hit on Wednesdays once American Idol started up. The new Wednesday schedule makes it pretty obvious that ABC is bowing down to American Idol.

Here's the new Wednesday schedule at ABC:

8 pm George Lopez (starts Jan. 24)
8:30 pm According to Jim (starts Jan. 24)
9 pm Knights of Prosperity (starts Jan. 3)
9:30 pm In Case of Emergency (Starts Jan. 3)
10 pm Lost (starts Feb. 7)

ABC is changing up Tuesdays, too. It's moving Show Me the Money to 8 pm and adding comedies Big Day and Help Me Help You at 9.

Still on the shelf are The Nine and Six Degrees.

Kelly Robinson

Let's all say what we aren't saying...Lost Jumped The Shark! First they start killing off characters, come back from an extended summer hiatus, put people in cages and then take a break for the winter. I was Lost's biggest fan. No really, I was. I planned my life around Wednesday nights. Now, I might watch it when it comes back on and I might not. It had better be much more interesting than the couple of episodes they threw at us in October. TV's history files are full of shows that Jumped The Shark. Lost is teetering on the edge of becoming a statistic.

December 07 2006 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

FOX seems to have brought ABC to it's knees - LOL.

I DVR'd Lost, and even without the commercials it became really tedious this season. I watched all the episodes and nothing really happened. Move it along, people!

Now I've got three shows that I usually watch on the Wednesday 10pm time slot: Lost, Medium and CSI:NY. My DVR only has two tuners - so lost loses.

December 06 2006 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeannie

I don't care what time LOST is on, I'll watch it no matter what. I tape CSI and watch LOST...

December 06 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dtt

Man -- some of these "comedies" like According to Jim, King Of Queens, George Lopez, etc...are like cockroaches -- they just won't die and can't be killed off. How is it that networks can pull the plug on dramas after 2 or 3 episodes -- yet these sitcom's can keep showing up year after year, season after season?

December 06 2006 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I watch Criminal Minds and Tivo Lost and watch it right after Criminal Minds now anyway. This will actually be a good move for me since in essence it will free up one slot on my Tivo and still give me room for both CSI: NY and Medium.

December 06 2006 at 7:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary Bourgeault (bizofshowbiz.com)

While the other networks have had fun poking at Fox in their current 4th place spot in the ratings, suddenly they're not so smug with their 2 heavyweights about to be released upon them. Moving Lost shows that there is no way that anyone will be able to compete with them on this.

December 06 2006 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oxjox

Maybe their ratings dropped because people are tired of waiting for answers on this show? Maybe they lost viewers last season due to all the repeats? Maybe they lost viewers because this has been the most boring season of the show?

I'm really on the fence with this one. They keep creating these breaks and I'm loosing intrest in the show completely. If it never comes back to the tube I don't think I'd loose any sleep over it. Lock who? What happened to Jack's wife and the scientists?

The idiots producing this show took something truely innovative and intriguing and left all it's loyal fans hanging out to dry. Frankly, I'm pissed off.

Now Heroes, these producers know how to give a dog a bone :-)

December 05 2006 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Cohen

Endless scheudling gimmicks? I think there has been 1 scheduling gimmick, and that was the splitting of the season into two. This is scheduling strategy.

I just hope everyone will realize that the time has changed....

December 05 2006 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

bumping the show an hour is going to kill it? wow, gee, I guess I'm going to bed way too late.

December 05 2006 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

Hm. Lost or CSI: NY? Gosh, I had to think about that for almost an *entire second* before I picked the latter. I like Lost, but...not in this face-off. Despite being a procedural, NY's characters still have better storylines than the people on the island. Or maybe it's just that Lost has a much greater number of characters I can't stand watching. No, wait, it's both.

Frankly, I'm tempted to boot Lost off my watchlist simply because of the endless scheduling gimmicks.

December 05 2006 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply