July 26, 2014

Pretender movies coming to DVD

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 5th 2006 11:21AM

PretenderI really should pick up the DVDs for this show. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, though I think it sort of strayed after that. The four seasons of the show have been released on DVD, and now FOX is releasing the two TV movies they made after the show was canceled.

The first one, Pretender 2001, was a good continuation of the series. The second one, The Pretender: Island of the Haunted, if I remember correctly, was rather lame. It had Jarod and Miss Parker on an island where they somehow found out some (more) secrets about their past. It will be released as one disc, with one movie on each side. Hopefully that won't cause tech glitches as double sided discs sometimes do.

This show had a great premise and, like I said, the first two seasons are quite good. But it just kept on getting more and more ridiculous. The cast was good though, especially Michael T. Weiss, Andrea Parker, Jon Gries, and a pre-Desperate Housewives James Denton - only he was called "Jamie" back then.