October 25, 2014

Syler leaving CBS' Early Show

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 5th 2006 3:45PM

Rene SylerI didn't even know that Syler was a host of The Early Show. How could he be the host of a daily morning talk show on CBS and go around the country, cutting open people's heads and stealing their superpowers?

Actually, it's Rene Syler, one of the 34 co-hosts they have over at The Early Show (last time checked it was Syler, Harry Smith, Hannah Storm, and Julie Chen) is leaving the show to pursue other projects, including a book that will be released this spring. Her last day on the show will be December 22.

I wonder if this is the first step in a major overhaul of the show, which has been in third place for many years, no matter what host/configuration they use. There's been talk for many months that anyone from NBC's Campbell Brown to CNN's Anderson Cooper could come over to host the show. I still say they should just get the old Breakfast Time crew back together. Now that would be an alternative to the Today show and Good Morning America.

Angie Butler

I am sorry to see Renee leave the show..Renee I say to you, to put God first in all that you do and he shall direct your path..I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family as you move on to higher ground.Renee this is your season..Be blessed!
PS.Tell Dave I said hi..
Angie Butler-South Carolina

January 31 2007 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donnie

I am sorry to see Renee leave the show. She added charm and charisma to an otherwise dull and uninteresting program. I do not think that the View would be derserving of Renee's talents. Rosie is such a loudmouth and overpowers the other hosts and guest, Renee is too classy to sit on this panel. Whatever path she choses she will be successfull. I wish her many blessings on her new journey.

January 24 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deann

I am very sorry to see Rene leave the show. She was the best host on the show. I have watched the Early Show ever since she came on board, now I will be searching for another morning show.She was with out doubt the class act on the show. Good Luck to her in what ever she does. If Rene goes to the View I hope that means Rosie is leaving.

January 22 2007 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rod2

I'm sorry Rene is no longer with the show. She really added a lot of life, humor, charm... to the show. Best Wishes-God Bless!

January 20 2007 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marthe

I think she will be great on the View. Rosie and Joy and funny, loud, obnoxious, Barbara is just the old experienced lady producer, Elis is the baby, and Rene would add class, intelligence and beauty to the panel. Best wishes to Rene.

December 05 2006 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marthe

SHE IS THE NEW CO-HOST OF THE VIEW!!

December 05 2006 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marthe

She is going to co-host on the VIEW.

December 05 2006 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Does CBS have a morning show?

December 05 2006 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

If we're lucky, she'll cut open Julie Chen's head before she leaves...

dwacon

December 05 2006 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doug

It would be great if she could bring Julie Chen with her!

December 05 2006 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply