April 18, 2014

Nathan Lane, Kristin Chenoweth creating a sitcom

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 6th 2006 9:07PM
nathan lane; kristin chenowethBroadway actors Nathan Lane and Kristin Chenoweth have reportedly teamed up on a project that they intend to bring to a national television audience. The unnamed sitcom they're developing is about a pair of talk show hosts, similar to Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa. Not much else is known about the project, but I already like the characters. I'm a pushover for stuff that makes fun of Hollywood.

Nathan Lane actually has a lot of experience in television. I only remembered his guest appearances on Sex & The City and Mad About You, but he also had roles in failed sitcoms including Encore! Encore!, Charlie Lawrence, and One of the Boys. Lane is currently starring in Butley on Broadway. Kristin Chenoweth played Annabeth Schott on The West Wing, and had the starring role in a sitcom called Kristin back in 2001. I don't think it ever made air. She currently appears on stage in The Apple Tree and co-stars with Danny DeVito in Deck the Halls.

[Via TV Tattle]

Donna Chest

you know what , the whole hand thing had nothing to do with being Homophobic. It has to do with PERSONAL SPACE. I feel the same way Don't touch me unless I want you too. I don't even let my kids cover my mouth because of the hand washing thing, Rosie needs to go back in the closet for crip sake. I love Rosie but I am sick of hearing about her gayness and her partner etc .. No one cares!!!

December 07 2006 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K.

I agree. Everyone should give Kelly Ripa a break! She isnt homophobic and is an extremely successful business woman. You go girl!

December 07 2006 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristin

Yes, Regis and Kelly is filmed in NY but it's very "Hollywood". The writer of this article didn't so much mean Hollywood as a place but rather as an idea. That's how I read it at least.

I watched every episode of "Kristin" that aired and it could have had a broader appeal. But at the point few people outside Broadway really knew who Kristin was. Yes, she'd just won a Tony for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." but it was closed shortly after the Tonys. She here we have a show with unknown stars and a lead who sang in every episode. I think that face itself scared away viewers. It's just too bad the show was cancelled just as it was starting to get meaty. They were just starting to delve into the relationship between Kristin and her boss played by John Tenney.

December 07 2006 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HURRICANE ANDREW

Kelly Ripa is an ASS. She is VERY overexposed, and the "gee-wiz" veneer she built up is starting to slip. Good actress? are you KIDDING. What was the name of that show she did that disappeared like a fart in the wind?

December 07 2006 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

I enjoy reading all the positive comments about Kristin Chenoweth! She is 4'11" of total talent! Oh,
and by the way, she can sing! Has anyone out there
heard her sing?? WOW!! What a great voice!! I've got
both of her CD's and she just knocks me out with her
voice. She's also HOT!!!

December 07 2006 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HURRICANE ANDREW

Dear, poor sad Karen:

If you know THAT much about Kelly Ripa AND have the time to watch soap operas--I am afraid YOU are the ignorant and misinformed here. In other words, you are a non-person.

December 07 2006 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy dube

Regis and Kelly,I love u both ,watch u almost everyday.So keep up the good work,and keep me laughing.
love ya
Nan

December 07 2006 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
betty kight

Please, enough of these so called talk show craps. We do not need another one. Back off.

December 07 2006 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marilyn Levesque

A Broadway musical about two talk show hosts would be a much better idea. It would make quite a story line with all that happened to Kathy Lee when she was the co-host. They could bring the story from when Regis first started right up to the present with new co-host Kelly Ripa.

December 07 2006 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Kelly Ripa is a hoot! She is young, funny & with it!
I think this new show could be a hoot too! Great actors.
As for the Kelly Ripa homophobe stuff~get real~she is the most down to earth person. Clay Aiken was so rude to her from the beginning of the show that day. She tried to be cool with him, but when he did that to her it was an embarrassment. He should be ashamed. I think his little bit of success has gone too quickly to his head. She was just trying to be witty & make a comedic comeback for his rude behavior towards her.
So many jumped, including Rosie, to this homo stuff & if they'd been watching the show, it had nothing to do with that. Who wants some strangers hand put over their mouths. Like she said, who knows where his hand might have been. Men DON'T wash their hands as often as women do!

December 07 2006 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply