April 23, 2014

Sarah Chalke engaged; men everywhere crushed

by Annie Wu, posted Dec 6th 2006 2:24PM
Sarah ChalkeI was minding my own business in my massive marble home-library, reading a book on French existentialism, listening to a bit of Mozart, and enjoying some fine Ramen (Top Ramen!), when, suddenly, I heard a low scream outside my window. Living in the middle of a very urban area, I paid no mind, assuming it was just another mugging or stabbing. But then there was another scream. And another. And another. All of which were distinctly male and sounded something like "Becky, whyyyyy?!". I set aside my Sartre and jumped online to check for any major tragedies, and then I saw it. Oh, boy.

Anna quickly mentioned this in her post about the Scrubs video, but I think it's worthy of a full post... Sarah Chalke (Becky from Roseanne, Elliot from Scrubs) is now engaged to her long-time boyfriend, Jamie Afifi. He proposed to her on vacation in Hawaii last week.

Sorry, boys, looks like she's taken. And yes, I spent about ten minutes looking for the prettiest possible picture to accompany this post, just to make the news even more painful.

mark

I think she's gorgeous and funny!

February 10 2007 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike M.

I just have to say that Sarah is one of the most
beautiful women on television, and believe me there are many. so far she out ranks all of the others on my list. though it is a shame that she is now engaged. i myself am trying to get into the entertainment buisness, Hopefully someday in the future i will get to meet Sarah in person.

December 09 2006 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV

Well...shoot.

December 06 2006 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

I hope MosquitoControl is being sarcastic because pretty much every guy I know finds her extremely attractive.

She's on my "Celebrities I get to sleep with and not get in trouble" list. Gorgeous woman who doesn't mind showing off the sweater monkeys. :)

December 06 2006 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kerry

You really should correctly identify her as "replacement Becky." My family called her "evil Becky," but that's just because we took it way too seriously. I'm sure she's not evil, and boy is she funny on Scrubs.

December 06 2006 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

good job on the picture... time well spent!

December 06 2006 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tozmervo

...and by cancel it, BGDC means air it all the time on every channel everywhere.

December 06 2006 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl

Meh.
Great show, great character, perfect actress, but I don't know a single guy that thinks she's terribly attractive. She often borders on unattractive, especially in the middle of the show's run when she went with the "whorecut" and tons of lower-lid eyeliner.

Congratulations to her, but I don't see too many men truly being upset by this.

December 06 2006 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Wow. I am usually pretty up on my TV trivia, but I didn't realize she was one of the Beckys on Roseanne until now.

December 06 2006 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

Crushed by her massive cranium? Now if only they'd cancel that show...

December 06 2006 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply