September 21, 2014

Men in Trees: New York Fiction, Pt. 2

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 8th 2006 8:37AM
men in trees(S01E11) Men in Trees has its very first love triangle, a twist that was necessary to keep the story interesting. This episode picked up right where last week left off. Jack went to meet Marin at the dock to tell her he loves her, but instead his ex-girlfriend, Lynn (Justine Bateman), showed up.

Marin, Jack and Lynn: Yep, Lynn's pregnant. ABC kind-of gave it away in last week's promos (*shakes fist at the sky*). Luckily, it's not Jack's baby. But it still complicates things. Jack obviously feels some sort of responsibility for Lynn's predicament, even though he really doesn't have to. Plus, how hot was that kiss between him and Marin? Steaming hot.

Patrick and Annie: How heartbreaking were they? Annie has always been pretty strong and independent in their relationship, but we really saw her baggage this week. She's scared to fight and would rather split up with Patrick. Surprising, really, since she's such a follower of Marin's books. Poor Patrick's face when Annie threw his mother's pie at him! I think I felt almost as horrified as Annie did when it happened. Anyway, these two ended the episode by splitting up. Ahhhh...

Ben and Teresa: What is Teresa up to? Does she have have alterior motives? I like the idea of her and Ben getting back together, but she doesn't seem genuine to me. Maybe I'm apprehensive because of the way she treated Ben after the first time they split up and reunited.

Buzz and Mai: They really worked a lot of characters into this episode, didn't they? This was a short, simple storyline that strengthened the couple's relationship. Buzz needed eye surgery and Mai helped him through it without babying him. They had a frank conversation about growing old together.

Sam and Jane: Shame on you, Jane! She's embarassed to introduce Sam, also known as "Plow Guy", to her New York society friends. The storyline was easily wrapped up when she finally invited him to the party, but still it was cute.

As a sidenote, Seana Kofoed (Jane, Marin's agent) sure is pretty without her glasses. They make her look so much older!

Great quote from Patrick: "Lynn's here? She taught me how to ride a bike and whistle and pull taffy. But you have really nice hair and a heck of a hat collection."

Looks like a rerun next week... bummer!

Laurie

I absolutely love this new show !
The only thing that is missing from this show is Sarah!!!! She added so much to this show. I liked it when her and Marin would have their girl chats. I hope she returns to the show.

December 18 2006 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carla

I want to see more Sam/ The Plow Guy. Please he is so sexy and gorgeous.

December 14 2006 at 11:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dee

This is my new favorite show, actually the only show I watch regularly! I just wish there was a way for you to watch reruns of the episodes you've missed. I looked in abc.com but you can't really watch specific episodes.
It's very refreshing to see something different on TV. Nowadays, if it's not law, crime or emergency room related, it's reality shows and a new generation of 90210 & melrose places.

December 14 2006 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunryse

Re:first love triangle
Poor Sara forgotten already.

Re: Terersa and Ben
I liked Sara better. For some reason T&B just seem so...forced.

Re: Patrick and Annie
*hugs* both of them. When you look at all the couples Patrick and Annie were the couple I didn't worry about at all.

Jack and Marin are the opposites attract couple. Up/down/sideways they'll always be the couple in flux. With Jane/Sam (Plow Guy) as their shadow couple.

Teresa and Ben and the on-again/off-again couple. They'll always cause each other pain, and they'll break up and get back together.

Mai and Buzz are the old married couple that will most likely weather any storm together.

And Annie and Patrick are the young-love-forever couple. They made each other happy, they were the pretty similar when compared to the other couples. They were the perfect couple. Them breaking up seems to really give me the most pain.

December 08 2006 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anuta

I was happy that both Marin and Jack acted in mature way. i am
wondering where they will take their storyline-will Jack realize that
he still has feelings for Lynn? all i can say is when Jack and Marin
are together-i have a smile on my face from ear to ear. i have never
ever been obsessed with a show as much as with this one. and next
week is repeat ......ugh