September 18, 2014

Clips from Tim and Eric's new show

by Adam Finley, posted Dec 9th 2006 7:01PM

tim and ericTim and Eric care deeply about me so they sent me an e-mail to tell me about some new promos for their upcoming live-action Adult Swim series, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! which debuts in February. Actually, I just happen to be on their mailing list, but I like to imagine their e-mails are just for me. I print them out, decorate them with heart stickers and glitter and think happy thoughts about what Tim and Eric are doing in Los Angeles. Then I start to worry that maybe they've forgotten about me and are seeing other people. I start to worry more and more until I've convinced myself they're cheating on me and then I go to the bar and take home some lonely middle-aged divorcee for a drunken night of sad love making and spend the next week wondering how to deal with the guilt. It's just so hard being away from Tim and Eric, you know?

Anyway, funny clips here and here and here. Some of you may not think they're all that funny, but the important thing is that I find them funny.

kimp

their humour is perfect for a sketch show
cannot wait

December 11 2006 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RSL

Quite frankly, Scotty, I get a homo-phobic vibe from your last comment, but it's neither funny, clever, or cool.

How odd!

December 10 2006 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

I love "Tom Goes to the Mayor," but so far the clips they've released for Tim and Eric's new show aren't doing it for me. It's definitely the same style of skits they did prior to "Tom".

Personally, I find most of their skits to be... "icky" and creepy in an unfunny and uncool way. (The most recent "Tom" episodes featured a number of icky elements; like the one where Joy's artist ex-husband painted using cow diarrhea.) And, quite frankly, I also get a homo-erotic vibe, but it's neither funny, clever or cool.

December 10 2006 at 6:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wes

But the point remains, Adult Swim is actually doing stuff that's original. And enough of it that it would be difficult not to find something you like there. And the people who want South Park are probably watching South Park anyway.

At any rate, it's worth remembering that they have a much more limited budget. Which is probably why they weren't able to score Wonder Showzen (which they expressed admiration for on multiple occasions even though it was on another network) and why they're losing the new Futurama episodes to Comedy Central. Adult Swim can't pay as much as other networks, so all they can offer is complete creative freedom. And pick up unique shows that wouldn't get picked up otherwise. Also why they do so many shows in-house. Sadly, I think it might remain to be seen whether they'll actually be able to keep Robot Chicken much longer.

December 10 2006 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Unlike all those other shows you mentioned, South Park is actually funny.

Although, Squidbillies has its moments.

December 10 2006 at 2:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

I seriously hope Adult Swim isn't trying to emulate Mad TV. Then it would be utter trash. It's called diversification. They're not only airing this, they have about 20 other shows on. This is nothing like Robot Chicken, Family Guy, Squidbillies, The Boondocks or about a dozen other Adult Swim shows. Besides, believe it or not, some people find this very funny. And I have no idea why Adult Swim's shows need to be relevant. I guess Adult Swim should actually be ripping off South Park instead?

December 10 2006 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

So awesome it's JAWESOME (street sharks!)

December 09 2006 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cmtdrt

SUPER! AWESOME!

December 09 2006 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

Dunno.

Don't know.

December 09 2006 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Adam,

whats so Awesome about two idiots doing pop culture satire???

IS Adult Swim trying to emulate Comedy Central, Sat, Night Live and MAd TV now??

The animatied shows need to be more entertaining and relevant, and this bullshit sketch show will last 2-3 episodes.

?? If so leave the live action -sketch comedy to people who can actually make it funny.

Seriously, are you on the payroll for Adult Swim? Try and find some objectivity